Tata Motors bags one lakh enquiries for Tiago in India
Earlier this month, Tata Motors launched the Tiago in India. Priced at Rs 3.20 lakh, the Tiago competes with the likes of Maruti Suzuki Celerio and the Hyundai Grand i10. The aggressive pricing of the Tata Tiago has worked well as the company has reported to bag cover one lakh enquiries for the hatchback across different platforms (FB, Twitter and sales outlets).
Available with both petrol and diesel engines, the Tata Tiago is a touted as a modern replacement of the slow selling Tata Indica. The company has worked extensively on the design of the Tiago to make it look different from its portfolio models. The Tiago is also the first car to use the new Impact Design language which will also be seen in upcoming Tata Hexa MPV.
According to Nakul Gupta, regional manager south-1 (Passenger Vehicle Business Unit) the unique features in the Tiago are responsible for the strong interest that the hatchback is getting. In our Tata Tiago first drive review, we felt that the car offers generous headroom and legroom for all the occupants, however, it can be a bit uncomfortable for three occupants in the rear seat.
The 1.2-litre Revotron motor in the Tata Tiago makes 85PS and 114Nm with a claimed fuel efficiency of 23.84kmpl. The 1,047cc turbocharged Revotorq diesel motor puts out 70PS/140Nm and claims to deliver 27.28kmpl. Both the petrol and the diesel engines are mated to a 5-speed manual transmission. The price makes it cheaper than the Maruti Suzuki Celerio by Rs 83,000 (Rs 4.03 lakh) and Rs 1.64 lakh (4.84 lakh), all prices, ex-Delhi.
Starts Rs 3.21 Lakhs
Starts Rs 4.59 Lakhs
Starts Rs 4.2 Lakhs
Starts Rs 11.72 Lakhs
Starts Rs 4.88 Lakhs
Team OD | 19 Feb 2018
- NewsF2 2018: Arjun Maini signs with Trident for FIA Formula 2 Championship
- Review2018 TVS Apache RR 310 road test review
- Features2016 Yamaha YZF-R3 long term review: After 12,572km and two years
- NewsPorsche discontinues diesel, to focus on EVs and hybrids
- News721PS/770Nm Ferrari 488 Pista comes with the most powerful V8 built by the company
- NewsTriumph Bonneville Speedmaster to launch in India on February 27, 2018
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Mahindra KUV100 Adventure Edition image gallery
- NewsGeneva Motor Show: Tata 45X based sedan teased
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Hyundai Elite i20 facelift image gallery
- NewsImage gallery: Yamaha Motoroid concept