Tata Motors' Dharwad Plant wins National Energy Conservation Award 2015
The Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE) recently awarded Tata Motors' Dharwad plant the first prize at the National Energy Conservation Awards 2015 for reducing their energy consumption by 12 per cent. Tata Motors bagged the award for employing various measures to reduce consumption of power and High Speed Diesel (HSD) at their Dharwad facility.
BEE is a Government agency formed in 2002. The main objective of the agency is to develop programmes to increase the conservation and efficient use of energy in India. Tata Motors achieved the ideal reduction in energy consumption by relocating the chiller unit outside the paint shop, using portable compressors in the paint shop during colour changing and installing of Variable Frequency Drive (VFD) for blowers in BIW Shop, a stage where car body components are welded together.
The reduction of pollutants in HSD was done by altering the hot water circulation system in the paint shop, developing low temperature degreasing chemicals for Aquence Chemical Coating (ACC) and also modifying the Aquence Chemical Coating & Powder Chemical Coating (PCC) oven nozzles to optimise the usage of HSD.
K Mohan Kumar, plant head at Tata Motors' Dharwad facility, said, "We at Tata Motors, are extremely delighted to have received this award from BEE. This award is a testament of ongoing efforts by each and every one at the Tata Motors Dharwad Plant towards making our facility greener and efficient in terms of energy utilization. This award has encouraged our team to continue to adopt energy efficient practices and technologies and we hope to become a benchmark for a green manufacturing set-up in India.
- NewsINRC 2018: Popular Rally in Kochi to see three-way champonship tussle
- NewsDucati enters pre-owned motorcycle segment in India with Ducati Approved
- FeaturesTata Harrier: Things you will like
- NewsMcLaren commissions six special edition cars to celebrate racing heritage
- FeaturesOverview: Tata Harrier's OMEGA architecture
- NewsBookings open for the 2019 Nissan Kicks SUV
- NewsJawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two video: Exhaust note, top speed, design and features explained
- ReviewJawa Jawa first ride review
- NewsLive updates: Jawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two ridden in India
- News2019 Yamaha Saluto RX 110, Saluto 125 UBS launched in India at Rs 52,000