Tata Motors Genuine Oil, developed jointly with Petronas Lubricants, launched in India
Tata Motors have launched their range of Tata Motors Genuine Oil (TMGO) for all Tata passenger vehicles in India. The lubricants have been jointly developed with Petronas Lubricants India (PLI). They have developed nine co-branded lubricants in total and plan to distribute them over the year in a phased manner.
As of now, two products from the joint venture have been launched. Of these, the Tata Motors Genuine Oil CH-4 15W-40 is for diesel cars like the Tata Indica and Tata Indigo and is priced at Rs 350 per pack. The Tata Motor Genuine Gear Oil 80EP is for passenger cars and retails at Rs 289 per pack.
PLI came to India in 2006, and has recorded a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 40 per cent in the past. By launching the co-branded lubes with Tata Motors, Petronas aims at capturing a 5 per cent share of the total 2 billion-litre lubricant market in India by 2019. Petronas currently stands at 1.5 per cent.
PLI has also announced plans to setup a plant at Patalganga, Maharashtra which is expected to start operations by end of 2017. The facility will be spread across 25 acres and will have the capacity to produce 110 million litre of lubricant. The plant will require an investment of $50 million or Rs 334.52 crore.
Petronas currently operates through 3,500 outlets across the country which will be used to retail the brand's new products in India. The new range is claimed to be formulated from high performance base oils and additives and developed as per the requirements of the Indian passenger vehicle market. The company also sells OEMs certified lubes to Maruti Suzuki and Mahindra, among others.
According to MP Singh, chief executive officer, Petronas Lubricants (India) Pvt Ltd (PLIPL), "PLI in India is now entering the next wave of growth in line with our aspirations and we are confident that the coming together of Tata Motors, a highly-respected leader in automotive engineering, together with PLI will help us better our position in this market as a leading provider of premium lubricants. We are offering a unique proposition through TMGO to further strengthen our relationship with customers and deliver products for engine care that is built upon a strong legacy in lubricants technology."
Team OD | 14 Sep 2018
- OpinionOn OVERDRIVE turning twenty...
- Review2018 Lexus ES 300h first drive review
- NewsThe OVERDRIVE 24 Hours Performance Run is coming your way this weekend
- NewsFerrari lays out plans till 2022, will build 'Purosangue' SUV
- News2019 Suzuki Katana to be unveiled on October 2 at the Intermot show
- News2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class launched in India at Rs 40 lakh
- NewsNew-gen Honda CR-V to be launched in India on October 9
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class facelift India launch
- NewsImage gallery: Mercedes-AMG A35 revealed
- NewsMercedes-AMG A35 hot hatchback revealed ahead of Paris Motor Show