Tata Motors head of EV sales and marketing, Ashesh Dhar, passes away
Ashesh Dhar, who in his most recent capacity was heading the sales, marketing and customer care division of Tata Motor's EV business, passed away in Mumbai on July 24. A cardiac arrest has been stated as the cause of death. OVERDRIVE expresses its deepest condolences to Ashesh Dhar's family and colleagues at Tata Motors.
Dhar started his career in 1991 with Bajaj Auto, having graduated with a degree in mechanical engineering from BITS Pilani. He came on board as a graduate engineer trainee at the two-wheeler maker. Aside from this, he also held positions at Mahindra and TVS Motor over the course of his career.
He joined Tata Motors in 2011 as the head of the sales and support division of Tata Motors Assured, the carmaker's used car business. He took up his role with the EV division in 2018.
- News2020 Volvo XC40 now available with benefits of up to Rs 4 lakh
- NewsBREAKING: BMW R 18 Cruiser arrives in India, launch by the end of September 2020
- NewsJuly 2020 automotive retail sales still 36 per cent less YoY
- ReviewExclusive comparison test: 2020 Skoda Karoq vs VW T-Roc
- NewsMaserati Ghibli and Quattroporte Trofeo pack 580PS V8 under the hood