Tata Motors installs 1 lakh telematic systems on Tata Trucks
Tata has installed as many as 1 lakh advanced telematic systems on its commercial vehicles. It claims to be the first OEM to have managed this feat in the country. It was also the first OEM to adopt this technology and integrate it into its offerings in India, under the brand name of Tata Fleetman.
Tata Motors celebrated this achievement in the presence of Matthew Hague, owner and executive director of Microlise in the presence of Sir John Peace, chairman of 'The Midlands Engine', Andy Street, mayor of West Midlands, William Hopkinson, first secretary (investment) and other dignitaries from a UK Delegation as well as Tata Motors CEO and MD Gunter Butschek, independent director OP Bhatt and CTO Rajendra Petkar.
Tata Motors states that it launched the Tata Fleetman Telematics to cater to a growing market need for better fleet control and fleet utilisation. "Tata Fleetman, however, goes much beyond the basic location-based services that have now become commonplace. It generates a rich fleet insights, and goes on to collaborate with the customers to offer specific interventions towards improvement in the utilization, performance and safety of the fleet," it states.
Tata Fleetman is integrated with Tata Motors' Suraksha, their maintenance contract offering. Tata Motors is the only OEM to establish a proactive maintenance interventions process based on the real-time fault code transmission this service is available on the Tata Prima range covered under annual maintenance contract (AMC).
- NewsINRC 2019: Younus Ilyas wins a closely fought Sprint de Bengaluru
- NewsRoyal Enfield Bullet Trials 350 and Bullet Trials 500 launched in India at Rs 1.62 lakh and Rs 2.07 lakh respectively
- News2019 Bajaj Platina 100 KS launched in India at Rs 40,500
- News2019 FIM Bajas World Cup: Raorane 27th, Pissay 29th at Baja do Pinhal
- NewsAudi's new 2-litre race engine makes 610PS!
- Wedding Photography Symposium
- Sony Better Photography Wedding Photographer of the Year 2018-19 Awards Night
- Sony BP WPOY 2018-19: Top 10 in The Joy of Light by Photoquip