Tata Motors installs 1 lakh telematic systems on Tata Trucks
Tata has installed as many as 1 lakh advanced telematic systems on its commercial vehicles. It claims to be the first OEM to have managed this feat in the country. It was also the first OEM to adopt this technology and integrate it into its offerings in India, under the brand name of Tata Fleetman.
Tata Motors celebrated this achievement in the presence of Matthew Hague, owner and executive director of Microlise in the presence of Sir John Peace, chairman of 'The Midlands Engine', Andy Street, mayor of West Midlands, William Hopkinson, first secretary (investment) and other dignitaries from a UK Delegation as well as Tata Motors CEO and MD Gunter Butschek, independent director OP Bhatt and CTO Rajendra Petkar.
Tata Motors states that it launched the Tata Fleetman Telematics to cater to a growing market need for better fleet control and fleet utilisation. Tata Fleetman, however, goes much beyond the basic location-based services that have now become commonplace. It generates a rich fleet insights, and goes on to collaborate with the customers to offer specific interventions towards improvement in the utilization, performance and safety of the fleet," it states.
Tata Fleetman is integrated with Tata Motors' Suraksha, their maintenance contract offering. Tata Motors is the only OEM to establish a proactive maintenance interventions process based on the real-time fault code transmission - this service is available on the Tata Prima range covered under annual maintenance contract (AMC).
- ReviewSuzuki V-Strom 650 XT ABS first ride review
- NewsMG Motor India's first launch: Everything we know
- NewsVolkswagen Passat with Connect app launched at Rs 25.99 lakh
- News2019 Hyundai Santro spotted in top-spec Asta trim
- NewsHero Destini 125cc scooter to launch on October 22
- NewsChinese carmaker Great Wall Motors to enter India by 2021-22
- NewsImage gallery: New BMW X7 SUV
- NewsSkoda Kodiaq GT coupe-SUV unveiled for China
- News2019 BMW X7 SUV unveiled internationally
- FeaturesReady to race: Volkswagen Vento TC4-A Racecar first drive review