Tata Motors installs 1 lakh telematic systems on Tata Trucks
Tata has installed as many as 1 lakh advanced telematic systems on its commercial vehicles. It claims to be the first OEM to have managed this feat in the country. It was also the first OEM to adopt this technology and integrate it into its offerings in India, under the brand name of Tata Fleetman.
Tata Motors celebrated this achievement in the presence of Matthew Hague, owner and executive director of Microlise in the presence of Sir John Peace, chairman of 'The Midlands Engine', Andy Street, mayor of West Midlands, William Hopkinson, first secretary (investment) and other dignitaries from a UK Delegation as well as Tata Motors CEO and MD Gunter Butschek, independent director OP Bhatt and CTO Rajendra Petkar.
Tata Motors states that it launched the Tata Fleetman Telematics to cater to a growing market need for better fleet control and fleet utilisation. "Tata Fleetman, however, goes much beyond the basic location-based services that have now become commonplace. It generates a rich fleet insights, and goes on to collaborate with the customers to offer specific interventions towards improvement in the utilization, performance and safety of the fleet," it states.
Tata Fleetman is integrated with Tata Motors' Suraksha, their maintenance contract offering. Tata Motors is the only OEM to establish a proactive maintenance interventions process based on the real-time fault code transmission this service is available on the Tata Prima range covered under annual maintenance contract (AMC).
- NewsVolkswagen being investigated for selling pre-production cars to customers
- News50,000th BMW 310cc series motorcycle rolled out from Hosur plant
- News1,874 units of the Yamaha R3 recalled in India
- NewsThings to know about the 2019 Nissan Kicks India-spec SUV
- NewsTata Motors to increase prices by up to Rs 40,000 from January 1, 2019
- NewsTata Harrier SUV multi-city public preview to start form December 18
- NewsRefreshed 2019 BMW X1 SUV spotted testing in Europe
- NewsMahindra S201 sub-four-metre SUV nameplate to be revealed on December 19
- NewsProduction Toyota Supra leaked ahead of debut at 2019 Detroit Motor Show
- News2019 Kawasaki KLX140G launched in India at Rs 4.06 lakh