Tata Motors launch the Bolt at Rs 4.45 lakh, ex-Delhi
Tata Motors have launched their latest resurrection weapon in the Indian market, the Bolt. After having tasted success with their mid-size sedan, the Zest, Tata Motors are now gunning for a sizeable share of the. The Bolt is available from a starting price of Rs 4.45 lakh (ex-Delhi), going upto Rs 6.99 lakh for the top-end XT trim with all the bells and whistles.
Based on the X11 platform, Tata say that they have worked extensively on it to deliver a product to redefine their position and perception. There are two engine choices that will be available - the 1.3-litre Multijet diesel and Tata's power mode equipped 1.2-litre Revotron petrol motor. The petrol engine, which was debuted in the Tata Zest, will produce the same 90PS of power and 140Nm of torque, albeit between a lower range of 1,500-4,000 rpm.
The car is available in five colours - white, silver, grey, beige, and this lovely candy-apple red that we drove. AMT will not be available in the car anytime soon. Bert has driven the car which, he says, looks like a handsome evolution of the Vista in the flesh, while our road test editor says it "offers a modern engine, rides well, is spacious and smart looking."
Prices for the Tata Bolt
XE Rs 4.45 lakh (ex-Delhi), Rs 4.65 lakh (ex-Mumbai)
XM Rs 5.15 lakh (ex-Delhi), Rs 5.39 lakh (ex-Mumbai)
XMS Rs 5.40 lakh (ex-Delhi), Rs 5.64 lakh (ex-Mumbai)
XT Rs 6.05 lakh (ex-Delhi), Rs 6.34 lakh (ex-Mumbai)
XE Rs 5.499 lakh (ex-Delhi), Rs 5.75 lakh (ex-Mumbai)
XM Rs 6.11 lakh (ex-Delhi), Rs 6.39 lakh (ex-Mumbai)
XMS Rs 6.34 lakh (ex-Delhi), Rs 6.63 lakh (ex-Mumbai)
XT Rs 6.99 lakh (ex-Delhi), Rs 7.32 lakh (ex-Mumbai)
Read our review of the Tata Bolt here.
Starts Rs 4.65 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.22 Lakhs
- News2019 Ford Endeavour launching today
- News2019 Ford Focus ST performance hot hatchback unveiled globally
- OpinionOn Harper Lee, Toby Price and Niki Lauda...
- NewsFord India will not update Endeavour with 2.0L turbo diesel engine
- News2019 Geneva Motor show: Tata Motors to debut production-spec Tata 45X hatchback
- The Forum Art Gallery Residency
- The Hindu Photojournalism Awards
- Book Review: The Red Cat and Other Stories | Ritesh Uttamchandani