Tata Motors launches 1-tonne SuperAce minitruck in Vietnam
Tata Motors entered a supply, distribution and technology agreement with the Vietnam-based TMT Motor last year. According to the deal, Tata Motors would be supplying completely built units (CBUs) as well as completely knocked down (CKD) kits to help TMT establish itself strong in the local market. The Indian utility-vehicle manufacturer has now launched the SuperAce minitruck in Vietnam.
The Tata SuperAce will be sold through the company's seven dealerships in Northern Vietnam. In the second phase, the minitruck will be available across the country. The Tata SuperAce is the only diesel-powered offering in this segment and sold with a petrol motor that the company claims delivers a superior fuel efficiency and can reach a maximum speed of 130kmph.
Powering the Tata SuperAce is a 1,405cc diesel engine that puts out 70PS of power at 4,500rpm while the 1396cc petrol motor produces a higher power rating of 85PS at 5,550-6,000rpm. Both these engines are mated to a 5-speed gearbox that helps the motor deliver 17.9kmpl for diesel and 10.2kmpl for petrol, states the company. The Tata SuperAce comes equipped with strut-type independent suspensions in the front and leaf-spring in the rear.
The Tata SuperAce is available in DLE diesel and GLE petrol variants. It features air conditioner, power steering, fabric seats, mobile charging dock and a digital clock. The cargo-loading deck measures 2.6m long and has a recommended payload of 1 tonne. It has a ground clearance of 160mm, runs on 14-inch tyres and has a turning radius of 5.1m. The company also offers a warranty of three years or 1,00,000km.
In addition to Vietnam, the Tata SuperAce is available in Indonesia, the Philippines, Thailand, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Ghana and India.
Team OD | 12 Feb 2018
- NewsMaharashtra government announces tax exemption for electric vehicles
- News2018 Toyota Yaris Cross hatchback details revealed
- NewsPorsche to invest $ 7.4 billion by 2022 towards electric vehicles
- NewsImage gallery: TVS Apache RTR 200 Fi Ethanol
- NewsImage gallery: Mahindra Thar Wanderlust SUV at the 2018 Auto Expo
- NewsImage gallery: Honda Sports EV concept at the Auto Expo 2018
- NewsImage gallery: Tata Tigor and Tiago JTP showcased at 2018 Auto Expo
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: 2018 Maruti Suzuki Swift image gallery
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Yamaha YZF-R15 v3
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Yamaha YZF-R6