Tata Motors names the production version of the H5X SUV the Tata Harrier
As had been widely reported, Tata Motors has decided to name the production version of the H5X SUV the Tata Harrier. The company says the 'Impact 2.0' design philosophy will offer extraordinary exterior design, thoughtfully and intelligently designed plush interiors, future-ready connectivity and best-in-class infotainment.
Tata Motors also announced the commercial launch of the car's digital media campaign which will chart its progress right from the concept stage to the launch next year. The firm will be launching a website in this regard, along with a dedicated brand Instagram handle.
The production H5X will be based on Jaguar Land Rover's entry-level SUV platform, variations of which support cars like the Land Rover Discovery Sport, Jaguar E-Pace and the Range Rover Evoque. Tata's version, called Omega-Arc (Optimal Modular Efficient Global Advanced Architecture), will involve the use of cheaper materials and components to keep costs down.
The production H5X will be powered by the Multijet II engine from FCA, as seen in the Jeep Compass, in two states of tune - 140PS for the 5-seater version and 170PS for the 7-seater. Both two and four-wheel drive will be available and transmission options will be a 6-speed manual and automatic. The 5-seater should come in the Rs. 9 to 12 lakh price bracket.
The exterior design of the production car will follow Tata's Impact Design 2.0 showcased at the 2018 Auto Expo. So, a slimmer front grille and lights, aggressively contoured side profiles, steeply raked roofline and large wheel sizes can be expected. The interior also will have to be the best ever fitted to a Tata car and build on the progress the firm has been making in this aspect.
The production car, when launched in the first quarter of 2019, will compete with the likes of the Hyundai Creta and Jeep Compass. Tata had been in a rut until sometime back and is now slowly turning things around with cars like the Tiago, Tigor and Nexon. While these successes have been in the sub-10 lakh end of the market, the new SUV will be the company's first serious contender in the mid-size crossover segment
See the video announcement of the name here:
India's most eagerly awaited concept SUV - H5X, gets a name #TataHarrier. With legendary pedigree running through its veins, #BornOfPedigree shatters all current benchmarks and paves entirely new standards for SUVs in India. To know more visit: https://t.co/zwimRVywNm pic.twitter.com/X1LzNXJYeL
- Tata Motors (@TataMotors) July 11, 2018
Starts Rs 9.44 Lakhs
Starts Rs 15.35 Lakhs
Starts Rs 71.38 Lakhs
Starts Rs 44.68 Lakhs
- NewsTriumph India to launch six new motorcycles by June 2019
- NewsSkoda Kodiaq RS interiors revealed ahead of Paris Motor Show debut
- NewsLive Updates: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 global launch
- NewsTriumph India to launch Scrambler 1200 in January 2019, 5 other launches by June
- News2018 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650: The four things you wanted to know
- NewsBetter recognition needed in order for Indian motorsport to grow says Gautam Singhania
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Aston Martin Vantage launched in India
- NewsThe 510PS Aston Martin Vantage has been launched in India at Rs 2.95 crore
- FeaturesOD Mercedes-Benz 24-hours Performance Run: Scale of C
- News2018 Ducati 959 Panigale Corse launched in India at Rs 15.2 lakh