Tata Motors names the production version of the H5X SUV the Tata Harrier
As had been widely reported, Tata Motors has decided to name the production version of the H5X SUV the Tata Harrier. The company says the 'Impact 2.0' design philosophy will offer extraordinary exterior design, thoughtfully and intelligently designed plush interiors, future-ready connectivity and best-in-class infotainment.
Tata Motors also announced the commercial launch of the car's digital media campaign which will chart its progress right from the concept stage to the launch next year. The firm will be launching a website in this regard, along with a dedicated brand Instagram handle.
The production H5X will be based on Jaguar Land Rover's entry-level SUV platform, variations of which support cars like the Land Rover Discovery Sport, Jaguar E-Pace and the Range Rover Evoque. Tata's version, called Omega-Arc (Optimal Modular Efficient Global Advanced Architecture), will involve the use of cheaper materials and components to keep costs down.
The production H5X will be powered by the Multijet II engine from FCA, as seen in the Jeep Compass, in two states of tune - 140PS for the 5-seater version and 170PS for the 7-seater. Both two and four-wheel drive will be available and transmission options will be a 6-speed manual and automatic. The 5-seater should come in the Rs. 9 to 12 lakh price bracket.
The exterior design of the production car will follow Tata's Impact Design 2.0 showcased at the 2018 Auto Expo. So, a slimmer front grille and lights, aggressively contoured side profiles, steeply raked roofline and large wheel sizes can be expected. The interior also will have to be the best ever fitted to a Tata car and build on the progress the firm has been making in this aspect.
The production car, when launched in the first quarter of 2019, will compete with the likes of the Hyundai Creta and Jeep Compass. Tata had been in a rut until sometime back and is now slowly turning things around with cars like the Tiago, Tigor and Nexon. While these successes have been in the sub-10 lakh end of the market, the new SUV will be the company's first serious contender in the mid-size crossover segment
See the video announcement of the name here:
India's most eagerly awaited concept SUV - H5X, gets a name #TataHarrier. With legendary pedigree running through its veins, #BornOfPedigree shatters all current benchmarks and paves entirely new standards for SUVs in India. To know more visit: https://t.co/zwimRVywNm pic.twitter.com/X1LzNXJYeL
- Tata Motors (@TataMotors) July 11, 2018
Starts Rs 9.44 Lakhs
Starts Rs 15.35 Lakhs
Starts Rs 71.38 Lakhs
Starts Rs 44.68 Lakhs
- NewsSete Gibernau joins 2019 MotoE rider line-up
- News2018 Mahindra Scorpio S9 launched in India at Rs 13.99 lakh
- FeaturesTVS Apache: Three million and counting...
- NewsTata 45X premium hatchback spotted testing ahead of Diwali 2019 launch
- NewsThird generation Mercedes-Benz CLS four-door coupe to launch in India on November 16
- NewsHyundai Verna gets a new 1.4 litre diesel option, other new variants
- NewsToyota Fortuner TRD Sportivo 2 SUV unveiled in Thailand with sportier trim
- NewsE-Trio Automobiles to launch retrofitted EV conversion kits for Alto and Wagon R
- NewsRoyal Enfield Thunderbird 350X ABS and 500X ABS spotted at dealerships in India
- News2019 Ducati Multistrada 1260 Enduro image gallery