Tata Motors new design language to be called Impact
Tata Motors have introduced a new design language they call Impact which will now be seen on their all-new cars. The Tata Zica will be the first car to feature it. According to the company, the language embodies the motto - 'Immediate impact at first sight. Lasting impact over time.'
According to Mayank Pareek, president, Passenger Vehicle Business Unit, Tata Motors, "Today, the automakers are developing innovative technologies to cater to the needs of the new generation of customers. Design is among the key factors for car purchase decisions. Tata Motors recognises this and presents the Impact design as a key focus for the company's passenger vehicle strategy. The new, youthful, energetic and bold character of the passenger vehicles by Tata Motors is sure to make a lasting impact on our customers and on the Indian roads."
The Indian carmaker wants to make a fresh connect with customers and believes that the new theme will play an instrumental role in that direction. The Impact design language is divided into two categories Exterior and Interior.
The Exterior category is governed by three aspects. - 'exciting architecture' to make sure the proportions and physical attributes have aesthetic appeal, 'expressive surfaces' that lend familiar design traits such as the Humanity Line, Slingshot Line and Diamond Window and lastly, 'inspiration from Indian architecture'.
The interior too will focus on three important areas - use of premium fabrics and materials along with a driver-focussed layout that makes the cabin feel more inviting than before, smart space utilisation and better ergonomics, and fitment of intelligent applications.
According to Pratap Bose, design head, Tata Motors, "You can either win or lose a potential customer within the first 20 seconds of them seeing a car. However, the customer stays with you based on the long-term experience they have with the product or service. Impact design is exactly about the immediate and a lasting impact design has in our lives and environment... With the Zica, we have started this journey."
Tata Motors Defines A New Design Language for Its Passenger Vehicles
Team OD | 14 Sep 2018
- OpinionOn OVERDRIVE turning twenty...
- Review2018 Lexus ES 300h first drive review
- NewsThe OVERDRIVE 24 Hours Performance Run is coming your way this weekend
- NewsFerrari lays out plans till 2022, will build 'Purosangue' SUV
- News2019 Suzuki Katana to be unveiled on October 2 at the Intermot show
- News2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class launched in India at Rs 40 lakh
- NewsNew-gen Honda CR-V to be launched in India on October 9
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class facelift India launch
- NewsImage gallery: Mercedes-AMG A35 revealed
- NewsMercedes-AMG A35 hot hatchback revealed ahead of Paris Motor Show