Tata Motors new design language to be called Impact
Tata Motors have introduced a new design language they call Impact which will now be seen on their all-new cars. The Tata Zica will be the first car to feature it. According to the company, the language embodies the motto - 'Immediate impact at first sight. Lasting impact over time.'
According to Mayank Pareek, president, Passenger Vehicle Business Unit, Tata Motors, "Today, the automakers are developing innovative technologies to cater to the needs of the new generation of customers. Design is among the key factors for car purchase decisions. Tata Motors recognises this and presents the Impact design as a key focus for the company's passenger vehicle strategy. The new, youthful, energetic and bold character of the passenger vehicles by Tata Motors is sure to make a lasting impact on our customers and on the Indian roads."
The Indian carmaker wants to make a fresh connect with customers and believes that the new theme will play an instrumental role in that direction. The Impact design language is divided into two categories Exterior and Interior.
The Exterior category is governed by three aspects. - 'exciting architecture' to make sure the proportions and physical attributes have aesthetic appeal, 'expressive surfaces' that lend familiar design traits such as the Humanity Line, Slingshot Line and Diamond Window and lastly, 'inspiration from Indian architecture'.
The interior too will focus on three important areas - use of premium fabrics and materials along with a driver-focussed layout that makes the cabin feel more inviting than before, smart space utilisation and better ergonomics, and fitment of intelligent applications.
According to Pratap Bose, design head, Tata Motors, "You can either win or lose a potential customer within the first 20 seconds of them seeing a car. However, the customer stays with you based on the long-term experience they have with the product or service. Impact design is exactly about the immediate and a lasting impact design has in our lives and environment... With the Zica, we have started this journey."
Tata Motors Defines A New Design Language for Its Passenger Vehicles
- NewsBosch develops an automated valet parking system with e. Go
- NewsSMEV signs an MoU with TAITRA to develop EV development infrastructure
- NewsToyota wants privacy concerns addressed before it adds Android Auto
- OpinionWe make modern cars, so why not tanks?
- NewsUpcoming Lexus ES facelift teased in video ahead of Beijing Auto Show launch
- NewsHonda unveils Small RS Concept in Indonesia, preview to next Brio
- NewsDucati to offer radar, cornering ABS but not missiles on its motorcycle range
- News2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga unveiled in Indonesia, India launch soon
- FeaturesImage Gallery: Shaken & Stirred April 2018
- NewsJeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk can make 1,000PS+, ask Hennessey Performance