Tata Motors partners with Jayem Automotives for special performance vehicles
Tata Motors seems to be on a roll this year. The Indian car manufacturer launched the Hexa in January followed by the debut of the Tamo Racemo at the Geneva Motor Show, a performance car that is believed to change the way the brand is seen in the country. Just a few days ago, the Tata Tigor was launched. And now Tata Motors has announced its partnership with the Coimbatore based Jayem Automotives called JT Special Vehicles Pvt. Ltd., a 50:50 joint venture.
J Anand, managing director, Jayem Automotives and Guenter Butschek, CEO and managing director, Tata Motors
This partnership will be similar to Mercedes-AMG, BMW M division and the JLR Special Vehicle Operations division. The JT Special Vehicles will work towards performance enhancement and appearance of series vehicles to offer an exciting and innovative range of niche aspirational products for the passenger car customers, stated the company. The partnership will develop a range of performance vehicles that will be rolled out in a phased manner from Jayem Automotives plant in Coimbatore. The same facility will be responsible for design, precision machining, assembly, and testing of these spruced up versions of the regular model. The customization division will offer performance, aesthetics and efficiency depending on individual requirements.
"We aim to bring World Class Performance Products to market in a short time, and to fulfil expectations of passionate customers in the niche segment of sportier cars." commented, J Anand, managing director, Jayem Automotives.
We did reach out to the company to find out if these vehicles will be sold through existing dealerships or through different outlets. We were told the communication of the same will be sent at a later stage. Additionally, the company might reveal its range of JT products during the same time.
Starts Rs 5.42 Lakhs
- News2019 Ducati Diavel 1260 S: All you need to know
- NewsINRC 2019: Younus Ilyas wins a closely fought Sprint de Bengaluru
- NewsRoyal Enfield Bullet Trials 350 and Bullet Trials 500 launched in India at Rs 1.62 lakh and Rs 2.07 lakh respectively
- News2019 Bajaj Platina 100 KS launched in India at Rs 40,500
- News2019 FIM Bajas World Cup: Raorane 27th, Pissay 29th at Baja do Pinhal
- Wedding Photography Symposium
- Sony Better Photography Wedding Photographer of the Year 2018-19 Awards Night
- Sony BP WPOY 2018-19: Top 10 in The Joy of Light by Photoquip