Tata Motors partners with Jayem Automotives for special performance vehicles
Tata Motors seems to be on a roll this year. The Indian car manufacturer launched the Hexa in January followed by the debut of the Tamo Racemo at the Geneva Motor Show, a performance car that is believed to change the way the brand is seen in the country. Just a few days ago, the Tata Tigor was launched. And now Tata Motors has announced its partnership with the Coimbatore based Jayem Automotives called JT Special Vehicles Pvt. Ltd., a 50:50 joint venture.
J Anand, managing director, Jayem Automotives and Guenter Butschek, CEO and managing director, Tata Motors
This partnership will be similar to Mercedes-AMG, BMW M division and the JLR Special Vehicle Operations division. The JT Special Vehicles will work towards performance enhancement and appearance of series vehicles to offer an exciting and innovative range of niche aspirational products for the passenger car customers, stated the company. The partnership will develop a range of performance vehicles that will be rolled out in a phased manner from Jayem Automotives plant in Coimbatore. The same facility will be responsible for design, precision machining, assembly, and testing of these spruced up versions of the regular model. The customization division will offer performance, aesthetics and efficiency depending on individual requirements.
"We aim to bring World Class Performance Products to market in a short time, and to fulfil expectations of passionate customers in the niche segment of sportier cars." commented, J Anand, managing director, Jayem Automotives.
We did reach out to the company to find out if these vehicles will be sold through existing dealerships or through different outlets. We were told the communication of the same will be sent at a later stage. Additionally, the company might reveal its range of JT products during the same time.
Starts Rs 4.65 Lakhs
- NewsJeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk can make 1,000PS+, ask Hennessey Performance
- NewsRange Rover Velar launched in Malaysia at RM529,800
- News2018 Merzouga Rally: Sherco TVS rider Joan Pedrero Garcia ranked eighth overall after Stage 3
- NewsInterview: Gaurav Gill on competing in the WRC 2 championship with Team MRF in 2018
- NewsYamaha FZ 25 wins India Design Mark (I Mark) Awards 2018
- NewsBMW M2 Competition revealed with 405PS
- News2018 Ashok Leyland Annual Global Conference held in Chennai
- News2018 BMW X3 launched in India starting at Rs 49.99 lakh
- News2018 Mahindra XUV500 facelift: Top five things that you should know
- NewsOfficial: BMW G 310 R and G 310 GS bookings have NOT begun in India