Tata Motors partners with Zoomcar to deploy 500 Tata Tigor EVs across 20 cities, starting with Pune
Tata Motors and Zoomcars today announced that they will roll out Tata Tigor EVs in Pune via the self-drive car rental portal. Zoomcar has a similar arrangement with Mahindra to supply the latter's electric vehicles on its portal. This rollout will happen in a phased manner starting with Pune, eevntually deploying 500 EVs across 20 cities.
The first batch of the rental Tigor EVs were flagged-off from Concorde Motors, Baner. The Tata Tigor EV is powered by a 30 kW three phase AC induction motor. The compact sedan has a range of 130 km and can get up to 80 percent charge in 1.5 hours through a fast charger and six hours through a standard power outlet. The specifications mentioned here are from the Tata Motors' website but are not standard and are customised according to customer requirements.
Shailesh Chandra said, "The future of mobility will increasingly be connected, shared and powered by zero emission technologies. Tata Motors is strongly committed to this transformative journey and working with all like-minded partners to accelerate the enabling ecosystem. It is a great pleasure to announce our partnership with Zoomcar to offer shared electric mobility solution for the citizens of Pune. Tata Tigor EV will now be available on the self-drive rental platform, offered by Zoomcar, to enable zero-emission transport option for the citizens of Pune. We are confident that our customers will appreciate and enjoy the driving experience."
Commenting on the partnership, Greg Moran said, "The Zoomcar team is thrilled to partner with Tata Motors to bring electric vehicles to Pune. This marks the beginning of a dynamic partnership within electric mobility and we expect to touch 20 cities and 500 electric vehicles with Tata over the next year."
Starts Rs 5.2 Lakhs
Team OD | 11 Jan 2019
- NewsDakar 2019: Sebastien Loeb notches fourth stage win on Stage 8
- NewsSpec Comparison: Honda CB300R vs BMW G 310 R vs KTM 250 Duke vs Bajaj Dominar 400
- Review2019 Jaguar F-Pace 2.0 petrol first drive review
- NewsDakar 2019: Hero Motorsports rider Oriol Mena breaks into the overall top 10 after Stage 8
- Review2019 Maruti Suzuki Ciaz facelift road test review
- The Forum Art Gallery Residency
- The Hindu Photojournalism Awards
- Book Review: The Red Cat and Other Stories | Ritesh Uttamchandani