Tata Motors rolls out 10,000th Nexon at its Ranjangaon plant
Tata Motors launched its all-new crossover, the Nexon in India at the end of September 2017, two months ago. The ex-showroom prices of the Nexon start from Rs 5.85 lakh for the petrol and 6.85 lakh for the diesel models. The Tata Nexon is manufactured at the company's facility in Ranjangaon. The Tata Nexon competes with the likes of the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza and the Ford EcoSport. Tata Motors has announced that the 10,000th unit of the Nexon compact SUV has now rolled out of the Ranjangaon Plant.
The Tata Nexon is the fourth product from Tata Motors that uses the Impact design language. The headlight units feature projector lamps and DRLs while the tail light is an LED unit. The front of the car comes with muscular bulges, but the rather quirky looking rear has a very hatchback-like look. The side profile, however, looks butch with its 200mm ground clearance and 16-inch wheels wrapped in 215-section tyres.
The Nexon's all-new 1.5-litre diesel motor makes 110PS/260Nm and is mated to a 6-speed manual transmission. The motor offers impressive low end torque and doesn't need frequent gearshifts. Then there is a new 1.2-litre 110PS petrol engine as well that produces 110PS at 5,000rpm and generates 170Nm at 2,000-4,000rpm. This engine too will be available with the 6-speed manual.The engines will be manufactured at Tata's Sanand facility.
The company recently announced plans of doubling the production of the SUV to meet the rising demand. Tata dealerships across the country have a waiting period of close to three months for Nexon with 15,000 bookings. The company plans to attend these bookings in the coming six weeks.
Starts Rs 6.16 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.67 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.26 Lakhs
- NewsINRC 2018: Popular Rally in Kochi to see three-way champonship tussle
- NewsDucati enters pre-owned motorcycle segment in India with Ducati Approved
- FeaturesTata Harrier: Things you will like
- NewsMcLaren commissions six special edition cars to celebrate racing heritage
- FeaturesOverview: Tata Harrier's OMEGA architecture
- NewsBookings open for the 2019 Nissan Kicks SUV
- NewsJawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two video: Exhaust note, top speed, design and features explained
- ReviewJawa Jawa first ride review
- NewsLive updates: Jawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two ridden in India
- News2019 Yamaha Saluto RX 110, Saluto 125 UBS launched in India at Rs 52,000