Tata Motors rolls out 10,000th Nexon at its Ranjangaon plant
Tata Motors launched its all-new crossover, the Nexon in India at the end of September 2017, two months ago. The ex-showroom prices of the Nexon start from Rs 5.85 lakh for the petrol and 6.85 lakh for the diesel models. The Tata Nexon is manufactured at the company's facility in Ranjangaon. The Tata Nexon competes with the likes of the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza and the Ford EcoSport. Tata Motors has announced that the 10,000th unit of the Nexon compact SUV has now rolled out of the Ranjangaon Plant.
The Tata Nexon is the fourth product from Tata Motors that uses the Impact design language. The headlight units feature projector lamps and DRLs while the tail light is an LED unit. The front of the car comes with muscular bulges, but the rather quirky looking rear has a very hatchback-like look. The side profile, however, looks butch with its 200mm ground clearance and 16-inch wheels wrapped in 215-section tyres.
The Nexon's all-new 1.5-litre diesel motor makes 110PS/260Nm and is mated to a 6-speed manual transmission. The motor offers impressive low end torque and doesn't need frequent gearshifts. Then there is a new 1.2-litre 110PS petrol engine as well that produces 110PS at 5,000rpm and generates 170Nm at 2,000-4,000rpm. This engine too will be available with the 6-speed manual.The engines will be manufactured at Tata's Sanand facility.
The company recently announced plans of doubling the production of the SUV to meet the rising demand. Tata dealerships across the country have a waiting period of close to three months for Nexon with 15,000 bookings. The company plans to attend these bookings in the coming six weeks.
Starts Rs 6.16 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.67 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.26 Lakhs
Team OD | 14 Sep 2018
- Review2018 Lexus ES 300h first drive review
- NewsThe OVERDRIVE 24 Hours Performance Run is coming your way this weekend
- NewsFerrari lays out plans till 2022, will build 'Purosangue' SUV
- News2019 Suzuki Katana to be unveiled on October 2 at the Intermot show
- News2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class launched in India at Rs 40 lakh
- NewsNew-gen Honda CR-V to be launched in India on October 9
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class facelift India launch
- NewsImage gallery: Mercedes-AMG A35 revealed
- NewsMercedes-AMG A35 hot hatchback revealed ahead of Paris Motor Show
- NewsAprilia studying the Indian market to introduce 125cc-150cc motorcycles