Tata Motors showcases its range of defence vehicles at DefExpo 2012
Tata Motors showcased a new Micro Bullet-Proof Vehicle (MPBV) concept at the 2012 DefExpo which was held in Delhi from March 29-April 1. This concept vehicle can be used for indoor combat in locations like railway stations and airports. The MBPV has features like bullet resistant panels for protection and compact dimensions with 4-wheel assisted turning for easy movement during combat. Firing ports have also been incorporated. The vehicle can also climb stairs. It has been developed jointly by VRDE-DRDO and Tata Motors and will be used by Force One, para battalions, NSG and marine commandos.
Besides this, Tata Motors launched four other defence vehicles â" the 12x12 Prahaar missile carrier, a light armoured vehicle, a mobile bunker, a 6x6 7kl refueller and also the quick deployment mobile communication terminal concept which provides secure IP connectivity for data, voice & video, between various nodes.
For its range of personal mobility vehicles, Tata showcased the Safari Storme Armoured which gets a reinforced chassis and suspension. The Xenon Recce 4x4 was also displayed and it will be used by both the armed forces in India and also abroad.
- NewsSharad Sanghi - one of India's leading car collectors is no more
- NewsTriumph Tiger 900 GT Pro and Rally Pro first ride review
- NewsJehan Daruvala to compete in FIA Formula 2 Championship in 2020 as part of Red Bull Junior programme
- NewsMG Hector crosses 50,000 bookings in India
- NewsVintage and Classic car Grand Heritage Drive