Tata Motors signs MoU with Automotive Skills Development Council
Indian car manufacturer Tata Motors has signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with the Automotive Skill Development Council (ASDC), a Government of India recognized skill council for a collaborative skill-development programme in the automotive sector.
The MoU will prepare the youth of India by imparting industry-ready occupational skills followed by assessment on the basis of skill levels achieved and certified as per the National Skills Qualification Framework (NSQF), a support and development tool for the youth which ensure and enhance the quality service provision. The programme will comprise of modules based on certain skills like design, manufacturing, sales and service with focus on quality, productivity and safety.
Gajendra Chandel, chief human resource officer, Tata Motors, said, "Launched on July 15, 2015 with an intent to train over 40 crore people in India by 2020, the Skill India Campaign complements not only mission 'Make in India' but also reaps India's demographic dividend by enhancing employability within India as well as in other countries."
Sunil Chaturvedi, chief executive officer, ASDC, believes that the partnership with Tata Motors would help them communicate auto industry's ASDC certification among the youth who wish to make a career in automobiles.
Over the past few years, Tata Motors has has signed over six such agreements with leading institutes and organisations to develop skilled and highly competent manpower.
- NewsVinod Dasari resigns as MD and CEO of Ashok Leyland
- Review2018 Kawasaki Ninja 400 road test review
- NewsSpec comparo: Jawa vs Royal Enfield Classic 350
- NewsMercedes-Benz C-Class facelift petrol to launch in India by the end of 2018
- NewsImage gallery: 2019 Mercedes-Benz CLS launched in India at Rs 84.70 lakh
- News2019 Kawasaki Versys 1000 bookings start in India, deliveries post April 2019
- News2019 Mercedes-Benz CLS four-door coupe launched in India at Rs 84.70 lakh
- NewsLive updates: 2019 Mercedes-Benz CLS India launch
- NewsSavita Oil Technologies to supply Tata Motors with original oils
- NewsMahindra Treo electric three-wheeler range with lithium-ion battery pack launched in India at Rs 1.36 lakh