Tata Motors testing autonomous Tata Hexa on UK roads
Tata Motors has begun testing its autonomous driving technology in the UK, using its Tata Hexa SUV. The self-driving Tata Hexa was recently spotted undergoing tests in real-world conditions in the UK. The autonomous driving technology in the Tata Hexa is a result of the Tata Motors European Technical Centre (TMETC) collaboration with UK Autodrive. UK Autodrive connects automobile manufacturers and the British government for the development and testing of self-driving vehicles in the UK. The autonomous Tata Hexa is part of the first such tests by UK Autodrive being conducted in the UK, and also involved the Range Rover Sport and Ford Mondeo self-driving models. Jaguar Land Rover, owned by Tata Motors, and the parent company are also reported to be conducting independent tests for their autonomous tech. Tata Motors recently launched the Downtown Urban Edition of the Tata Hexa in India.
The current round of tests is being conducted at Coventry, while the next round is scheduled for Milton Keynes in 2018. Apart from autonomous technology, the Tata Hexa is also being tested for Emergency Vehicle Warning which detects signals from emergency vehicles such as ambulances to move out of their path. The Hexa is also being tested for Intersection Collision Warning, and Intersection Priority Management which will decide the order in which connected self-driving cars cross an intersection.
Image credit: Rui Vieira/PA Wire
Starts Rs 12.49 Lakhs
- NewsLive updates: BMW G 310 R and G 310 GS launch in India
- News2018 Porsche Macan SUV facelift teased during high-altitude testing
- NewsEXCLUSIVE: BMW G 310 R and BMW G 310 GS to be priced at Rs 2.75 lakh and Rs 3.4 lakh in India respectively
- Features2018 Yamaha YZF-R15: Four things you'll love and two things that you won't
- NewsBest deals on car tyres right now
- NewsAudi Q3 and Audi Q7 SUVs launched in new 'Design Edition' trims
- NewsDiscounts of up to 50 per cent on motorcycle tyres in India
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 BMW G 310 R
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 BMW G 310 GS
- NewsTata Nexon AMT option launched in XM mid-range trim in India at Rs 7.50 lakh