Tata Motors Tiago 1,00,000 unit rolled out from Sanand facility
Tata Motors has rolled out the 1,00,000th Tiago unit from its Sanand facility in India. The Tata Tiago has so far sold close to the number of units produced. The Tata Tiago has been featured on the top 10 selling cars in India for the last few months. Tata Motors, every month, sells around 7,000 units of the Tiago hatchback. Recently, the company introduced a limited edition Tiago Wizz which boasted decals, a few more features and an increased price tag of Rs 15,000 over the XT trim.
There is a 1.2-litre 3-cylinder 85PS/114Nm petrol and 1.05-litre 3-cylinder 70PS/140Nm diesel engine on offer with the Tata Tiago. A 5-speed manual transmission is standard while a 5-speed AMT too can be optioned. The 70PS diesel engine claims a lofty 27.28kmpl fuel efficiency and comes with a 5-speed manual gearbox. Unfortunately, the diesel doesn't come with an automated manual transmission.
In the coming months, Tata is likely to start selling the Tiago Aktiv, a cross version based on the Tiago. The Tiago Aktiv was showcased at the 2014 expo as the Zica Aktiv. It will get additional body kit as well as dual tone interior. Power will come from the aforementioned engines. The price will be slightly higher than the regular Tiago.
Starts Rs 3.35 Lakhs
- NewsImage gallery: Royal Enfield Continental GT 650 and Interceptor 650 accessories
- OpinionOn OVERDRIVE turning twenty...
- Review2018 Lexus ES 300h first drive review
- NewsThe OVERDRIVE 24 Hours Performance Run is coming your way this weekend
- NewsFerrari lays out plans till 2022, will build 'Purosangue' SUV
- News2019 Suzuki Katana to be unveiled on October 2 at the Intermot show
- News2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class launched in India at Rs 40 lakh
- NewsNew-gen Honda CR-V to be launched in India on October 9
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class facelift India launch
- NewsImage gallery: Mercedes-AMG A35 revealed