Tata Motors Tiago 1,00,000 unit rolled out from Sanand facility
Tata Motors has rolled out the 1,00,000th Tiago unit from its Sanand facility in India. The Tata Tiago has so far sold close to the number of units produced. The Tata Tiago has been featured on the top 10 selling cars in India for the last few months. Tata Motors, every month, sells around 7,000 units of the Tiago hatchback. Recently, the company introduced a limited edition Tiago Wizz which boasted decals, a few more features and an increased price tag of Rs 15,000 over the XT trim.
There is a 1.2-litre 3-cylinder 85PS/114Nm petrol and 1.05-litre 3-cylinder 70PS/140Nm diesel engine on offer with the Tata Tiago. A 5-speed manual transmission is standard while a 5-speed AMT too can be optioned. The 70PS diesel engine claims a lofty 27.28kmpl fuel efficiency and comes with a 5-speed manual gearbox. Unfortunately, the diesel doesn't come with an automated manual transmission.
In the coming months, Tata is likely to start selling the Tiago Aktiv, a cross version based on the Tiago. The Tiago Aktiv was showcased at the 2014 expo as the Zica Aktiv. It will get additional body kit as well as dual tone interior. Power will come from the aforementioned engines. The price will be slightly higher than the regular Tiago.
Starts Rs 3.21 Lakhs
Team OD | 12 Feb 2018
Team OD | 19 Feb 2018
- NewsWRC 2018: Hyundai's Thierry Neuville victorious at Rally Sweden
- NewsImage gallery: Honda Clarity fuel cell FCV
- NewsImage gallery: Yamaha M-Slaz
- NewsImage gallery: TVS Creon concept
- NewsMaharashtra government announces tax exemption for electric vehicles
- News2018 Toyota Yaris Cross hatchback details revealed
- NewsPorsche to invest $ 7.4 billion by 2022 towards electric vehicles
- NewsImage gallery: TVS Apache RTR 200 Fi Ethanol
- NewsImage gallery: Mahindra Thar Wanderlust SUV at the 2018 Auto Expo
- NewsImage gallery: Honda Sports EV concept at the Auto Expo 2018