Tata Motors to increase prices across passenger car range from January 2018
It is a common practise among car manufacturers in India to increase the prices of their entire range across the country every year. Skoda Auto stated that the price increase will range from 2 - 3 per cent depending on the product and variant whereas Toyota Kirloskar Motor (TKM) said that it will raise the prices by 3 per cent from January 1, 2018. Joining the bandwagon is Indian automobile manufacturer Tata Motors.
The company stated that it would be increasing prices of its entire passenger vehicles range by up toRs 25,000, starting from January 2018. These models include Tiago hatch, Hexa MPV, Tigor sedan and the recently launched Nexon compact SUV. The reason for the same has been given as the rising input costs.
"The changing market conditions, rising input costs and various external economic factors have compelled us to consider the price increase. We are optimistic on maintaining our growth trajectory in the coming year on the back of our robust product portfolio", commented, Mayank Pareek, president, Passenger Vehicle Business, Tata Motors.
- NewsExclusive Mini Convertible Sidewalk Edition launched at Rs 44.9 lakh
- NewsRenault Kwid Neotech edition launched in India, prices start from Rs 4.30 lakh
- NewsUpcoming Tata Altroz turbo-petrol specs and prices leaked ahead of launch
- NewsFirst-ever Hyundai i20 N Line revealed, with same mechanicals but sportier looks
- Review2020 Skoda Rapid TSI automatic road test review