Tata Motors to increase prices across passenger car range from January 2018
It is a common practise among car manufacturers in India to increase the prices of their entire range across the country every year. Skoda Auto stated that the price increase will range from 2 - 3 per cent depending on the product and variant whereas Toyota Kirloskar Motor (TKM) said that it will raise the prices by 3 per cent from January 1, 2018. Joining the bandwagon is Indian automobile manufacturer Tata Motors.
The company stated that it would be increasing prices of its entire passenger vehicles range by up toRs 25,000, starting from January 2018. These models include Tiago hatch, Hexa MPV, Tigor sedan and the recently launched Nexon compact SUV. The reason for the same has been given as the rising input costs.
"The changing market conditions, rising input costs and various external economic factors have compelled us to consider the price increase. We are optimistic on maintaining our growth trajectory in the coming year on the back of our robust product portfolio", commented, Mayank Pareek, president, Passenger Vehicle Business, Tata Motors.
- NewsBMW X7 flagship SUV shows its off roading capabilty in new teaser
- News2019 Kawasaki Ninja H2 gets more power, Brembo Stylema calipers and a self healing paint
- NewsBajaj Pulsar NS160 with rear disc brakes spotted at dealership
- NewsToyota Rush SUV to launch in Pakistan soon, India launch next?
- NewsHonda Civic facelift unveiled internationally ahead of India launch
- NewsProduct review: 2018 Arai Tour-X4 adv helmet
- Review2018 Ducati Monster 821 road test review
- NewsMotoGP 2018: Jorge Lorenzo takes victory at Red Bull Ring
- NewsUpcoming Mahindra XUV700(Ssangyong Rexton) flagship SUV spotted testing in Leh
- NewsUltraviolette Automotive gets additional investment from TVS, to use for product engineering and R&D