Tata Motors to launch four electric vehicles including Nexon EV SUV, Altroz EV
Tata Motors has revealed its plans to bolster the presence of electric vehicles in its line-up. The company has set quite aggressive targets, it will launch four new electric models in the next 12 to 18 months. The most prominent of these will be the Tata Nexon EV SUV and the electric version of the upcoming Altroz hatchback. The other cars will be the Tigor EV for private buyers, a longer-range version of the Tigor and another, yet unnamed vehicle.
This development comes after the brand set up collaborations and synergies between various companies within the Tata group to help develop these EVs more effectively. Firms like Tata Chemical and Tata Power are involved.
We expect the new Nexon EV to share much of its running gear with the Altroz EV. Tata Motors has already said that the Altroz EV, unveiled at the 2019 Geneva Motor Show, will come with 250 to 300 km range and have DC fast-charging capabilities. The Nexon is expected to have similar figures. As far as styling is concerned, the Nexon EV will get unique highlights to differentiate it from its more traditional siblings.
As for the Tigor EV, the current version can do 140 km on a full charge, the longer-range version will bump this up to 180 to 250 km.
Starts Rs 6.36 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.9 Lakhs
- News2019 KTM 790 Duke launched in India - Priced at Rs 8.63 lakh
- NewsLive Updates: KTM 790 Duke launching in India today
- NewsMaruti Suzuki S-Presso Micro SUV teased ahead of its India launch on September 30
- NewsFreak accident results in death of three at Rally of Jodhpur
- NewsINRC 2019: Incident leads to cancellation of Rally of Jodhpur