Tata Motors to launch power-steering equipped Nano Twist in India on January 13
Tata Motors will be launching the new Nano Twist with power steering on January 13. The Twist is expected to cost Rs 15,000 more than the top end Nano LX (Rs 2,23,500).
2013 Tata LX
The Nano has constantly been evolving, albeit in small increments since its release about five years ago. New features were introduced, the engine got more power, ride and handling improved and so did the brakes. The Nano is now considerably better to drive than back in 2009 however we still lamented the lack of power steering when we drove the latest verison in 2013. The compact Nano is surprisingly enjoyable to punt around the city but the heavy steering needs effort at parking speeds. The addition of power steering, which is designed by ZF, will only make it more of a compelling option as a city runabout.
2013 Tata Nano interiors
The two-valve 624cc inline twin cylinder is likely to remain unchanged from the 2013 model. The 38PS and 51Nm on tap coupled with the low 635kg kerb weight makes the Nano sufficiently zippy for urban driving, and with the power steering thrown in, it could well be the Nano's best bet yet.
Last month, former Tata Motors head Ratan Tata had conceded that promoting the Nano as the cheapest car was one of the main reasons behind its failure, but it is not all doom and gloom.
While introduction of power steering is certainly a step in the right direction, it remains to be seen if it is enough to revive the small car's fortunes.
Starts Rs 2.36 Lakhs
- NewsF1: 2018 will be Fernando Alonso's last season in Formula 1
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: TVS Racing announces six-rider line-up
- News2018 Msports X30 Karting Championship: Shahan Ali Mohsin overcomes early upsets to win in Junior category
- NewsBMW M2 Competition set to debut in India soon
- News2019 Honda HR-V crossover facelift unveiled, to be powered by 1.5-litre i-VTEC
- NewsLiberty Walk transforms the Suzuki Jimmy into a mini G-Class
- NewsBMW X7 flagship SUV shows its off roading capabilty in new teaser
- News2019 Kawasaki Ninja H2 gets more power, Brembo Stylema calipers and a self healing paint
- NewsBajaj Pulsar NS160 with rear disc brakes spotted at dealership
- NewsToyota Rush SUV to launch in Pakistan soon, India launch next?