Tata Motors unveils new 1.2-litre Revotron turbo petrol engine
Tata Motors has unveiled a new 1.2-litre turbocharged petrol engine in India. The turbocharged multi-point fuel injected (MPFI) engine makes 85PS of max power at 5000rpm and 140Nm of peak torque at 1750-3500rpm.
Tim Leverton, president of advanced & product engineering, Ranjit Yadav, president, passenger vehicle business unit, Ankush Arora senior vice president PVBU, Girish Wagh senior vice president PPPM
Named Revotron 1.2T, the engine will power Tata's future models including the upcoming Tata Falcon cars- a hatchback as well as a compact sedan, to be unveiled at the 2014 Auto Expo. The Tata Falcon will also have a new design language and features to boast. The Falcon hatchback is the refreshed Vista and the Falcon compact sedan is based on the Manza.
Tata's new 1.2T Revotron turbo petrol engine makes 85PS of power and 140Nm of torque
The Revotron 1.2T series will include three- and four-cylinder petrol engines. Currently, the engine will use the existing 5-speed gearbox used in the Vista petrol. However, Tata Motors is also developing a new gearbox that will be compatible to the Revotron 1.2T engine and will also be a part of future Tata vehicles.
Majority of Tata's sales come from diesel cars and it will be interesting to see how this new turbocharged engine from an Indian manufacturer fares among a number of similar attempts by other car makers in India.
Read more about the Falcon cars here
- News2020 Honda X-Blade BSVI launched in India at Rs 1.05 lakh
- News2020 Honda City RS turbo-petrol under consideration for India
- NewsYamaha to offer special finance scheme for frontline warriors of COVID19
- NewsBSVI petrol 2020 Land Rover Discovery Sport and Range Rover Evoque launched in India, prices start from Rs 57.99 lakh
- NewsFour-wheeler launches that took place in India during COVID19
- Digitising Text
- Abstract | Winners and Honourable Mentions
- BP Tip of the Day: Getting Out of a Creative Block