Tata Nano could soon be sold online
You will soon be able to buy India's smallest, most affordable car at the click of a mouse. India's largest auto maker, Tata Motors, will shortly start selling the Nano online.
Customers can pay the booking amount online and get the car delivered at their doorstep or at the nearest Tata showroom.
2013 Tata LX
Online selling is one of the many ideas Tata is employing to push sales. Although priced at an aggressive Rs 1.64 lakh (ex-showroom, Mumbai), the sales of the Nano have not met Tata's expectations.
Currently, Tata sells around 2,000 Nanos a month. The company, which has carried out a few trial sales online, is now planning to expand the scale of online sales.
"Parents are buying the Nano for their sons/daughters. This is a very interesting trend," said Ranjit Yadav, president (passenger vehicle) of Tata Motors.
Tata Motors recently launched the 2013 Nano with a bunch of upgrades. The top-end Nano will now offer remote keyless entry, twin gloveboxes, and a four-speaker music system with Bluetooth, USB and Aux-in connectivity.
Two new variants of the Nano will be launched by the end of the year.
Starts Rs 2.36 Lakhs
- NewsDelhi government announces EV policy, up to Rs 1.5 lakh subisidy for electric passenger vehicles
- NewsToyota Fortuner TRD Limited Edition launched in India, prices start from Rs 34.98 lakh
- NewsUpcoming new-gen Mahindra Thar SUV spied: Everything we know so far
- NewsKia Sonet powertrain details, including segment-first six-speed diesel automatic
- News2020 Kia Sonet SUV: Top 10 feature highlights