Tata Nano diesel engine details out
We have spotted test mules of the upcoming Tata Nano diesel on various occasions but the engine specifications were always speculative. Not anymore though. Well known turbocharger maker Garrett has listed on it's webpage the details of the Nano diesel engine. The diesel Nano will be powered by a 0.8L common rail engine which will produce 40PS of power at 4000rpm and 94Nm of torque at 2500rpm. This 800cc engine also does duties on the Tata Ace though without a turbocharger. It is quite possible that Tata will also offer this turbocharged unit in the 2013 Ace model.
Like its petrol powered sibling, the Nano diesel is expected to be the cheapest diesel passenger car in the world. We expect it to be priced about Rs 60,000 more than its corresponding petrol trim. Tata also has plans to launch a CNG version of the Nano, the likes of which was shown at the 2012 Auto Expo held in Delhi. Nano sales have dwindled in the past few months. In the month of February, only 1505 units were sold compared to 9217 units in the same period last year. The addition of diesel and CNG variants should very well give a boost to the flagging sales of what is a very capable city runabout.
Starts Rs 2.36 Lakhs
- NewsGoogle Maps update warns you of speed trap cameras
- NewsFisker's all-electric SUV teased, to offer 480km driving range
- NewsRoyal Enfield Classic 350 gets optional alloy wheels
- News2019 Maruti Suzuki Ciaz with 1.5-litre diesel engine spotted on test
- News2019 Tata Buzzard seven-seater SUV will be called Cassini in India