Tata Nexon compact crossover concept to be unveiled at the 2014 Auto Expo
Tata will showcase a compact crossover concept at the Expo. This concept SUV will be based on the Vista's X1 platform. It takes styling cues from the Aria SUV and looks to challenge the Ford EcoSport and Quanto.
Powering the Nexon concept will be the recently unveiled 85PS/140Nm Revotron engine. This engine will be mated to a new 5-speed gearbox. Tata is also rumored to bring in an automated manual system in the Nexon concept.
This gearbox will function similar to Maruti's Celerio and should take the fatigue out of changing gears while giving the fuel economy similar to a manual.
Tata will also put a diesel engine under the hood of the Nexon. It will likely be the 75PS multijet which makes 190Nm of torque. It will come mated to a manual box.
Knowing Tata's expertise at pricing their cars very competitively, expect the Nexicon to undercut some of its well established competition.
Starts Rs 6.95 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.04 Lakhs
- NewsKia Sonet launched: Top 10 segment-first features
- NewsKia Sonet India launch: Prices and variant-wise features explained
- News2020 Kia Sonet price comparison vs Hyundai Venue, Maruti Suzuki Brezza, Tata Nexon and Mahindra XUV300
- NewsKia Sonet launched in India, prices start from Rs 6.71 lakh
- NewsLive updates: Kia Sonet India launch, prices, specs, details, variants, engines and features unveiled