Tata Nexon compact crossover concept to be unveiled at the 2014 Auto Expo
Tata will showcase a compact crossover concept at the Expo. This concept SUV will be based on the Vista's X1 platform. It takes styling cues from the Aria SUV and looks to challenge the Ford EcoSport and Quanto.
Powering the Nexon concept will be the recently unveiled 85PS/140Nm Revotron engine. This engine will be mated to a new 5-speed gearbox. Tata is also rumored to bring in an automated manual system in the Nexon concept.
This gearbox will function similar to Maruti's Celerio and should take the fatigue out of changing gears while giving the fuel economy similar to a manual.
Tata will also put a diesel engine under the hood of the Nexon. It will likely be the 75PS multijet which makes 190Nm of torque. It will come mated to a manual box.
Knowing Tata's expertise at pricing their cars very competitively, expect the Nexicon to undercut some of its well established competition.
Starts Rs 5.85 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.67 Lakhs
- News2018 Toyota Land Cruiser Prado facelift launched in India at Rs 92.6 lakh
- News2018 Jeep Compass Trailhawk SUV bookings open across India
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Desert Storm: A look back
- News2018 Ford EcoSport Titanium+ petrol with 5-speed manual option launched in India for Rs 10.47 lakh
- News2018 Yamaha Ray-ZR launched with four new colours in India at Rs 53,451
- NewsRoyal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 reach Australia for display, India launch later in 2018
- NewsMahindra Adventure season 8 calendar for 2018 announced
- News2018 Mahindra XUV500 facelift to be launched in April
- News2018 Honda CB Shine SP, Livo, and Dream Yuga commuter motorcycles launched in India
- News2018 Honda CBR250R launched in India at Rs 1.63 lakh