Tata Nexon AMT to be launched on lower trim levels
A report available on the internet states that the Tata Nexon AMT will soon be made available on the XMA and XZA variants, in addition to the XZA+ already available.
Tata dealerships across the country started selling the Nexon AMT XZA+ at a starting price of INR. 9.41 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi, for the petrol variant and at INR. 10.3 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi, for the diesel variant. Tata Motors claims that the Nexon is the first car in India with AMT to have multi-drive modes - Eco, City, and Sport.
Technical details of the Tata Nexon AMT, stylised as HyprDrive, were recently revealed, and we have already driven this AMT version that has been launched. The AMT also brings to the Nexon a crawl mode, so it can move forward in congested traffic without much footwork from the driver. Nexon HyprDrive also features smart hill-assist which prevents the car from rolling backwards on inclines.
The mid-level XMA trim will get features identical to its manual counterpart which includes a power tailgate, electrically adjustable ORVMs, remote central locking, ConnectNext infotainment system with steering mounted audio controls, follow-me-home headlamps and wheel covers.
The Tata Nexon XZA AMT will be equipped with auto climate control, height adjustable driver's seat, cooled glovebox, larger touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, front and rear parking sensors with a reverse camera, fast USB charger among other things.
Engine-wise, the Nexon remains unchanged. The Tata Nexon's 1198cc, three-cylinder petrol motor puts out 110PS and 170Nm while the 1498cc, four-cylinder diesel engine is rated at 110PS and 260Nm.
Starts Rs 5.85 Lakhs
Team OD | 17 May 2018
- NewsAutomobile events this week: May 21 - 27
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Hyundai Creta facelift launched in India
- NewsMotoGP 2018: Marc Marquez delivers masterclass at Le Mans
- NewsSpecial feature: 2018 Mercedes-Benz OVERDRIVE Winter Drive
- NewsHyundai Creta facelift launched in India at a starting price of Rs 9.44 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi)
- NewsWRC 2018: Victory at Rally Portugal gives Thierry Neuville championship lead
- News2018 Lexus LX 570 flagship SUV launched in India at Rs 2.32 crore
- NewsNew Volvo S60 sedan will not have a diesel engine option
- NewsUpcoming Tata H5X SUV spotted testing again in new video
- NewsFormula E: Heidfeld scores points for Mahindra Racing at Berlin ePrix