Tata Nexon AMT to be launched on lower trim levels
A report available on the internet states that the Tata Nexon AMT will soon be made available on the XMA and XZA variants, in addition to the XZA+ already available.
Tata dealerships across the country started selling the Nexon AMT XZA+ at a starting price of INR. 9.41 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi, for the petrol variant and at INR. 10.3 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi, for the diesel variant. Tata Motors claims that the Nexon is the first car in India with AMT to have multi-drive modes - Eco, City, and Sport.
Technical details of the Tata Nexon AMT, stylised as HyprDrive, were recently revealed, and we have already driven this AMT version that has been launched. The AMT also brings to the Nexon a crawl mode, so it can move forward in congested traffic without much footwork from the driver. Nexon HyprDrive also features smart hill-assist which prevents the car from rolling backwards on inclines.
The mid-level XMA trim will get features identical to its manual counterpart which includes a power tailgate, electrically adjustable ORVMs, remote central locking, ConnectNext infotainment system with steering mounted audio controls, follow-me-home headlamps and wheel covers.
The Tata Nexon XZA AMT will be equipped with auto climate control, height adjustable driver's seat, cooled glovebox, larger touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, front and rear parking sensors with a reverse camera, fast USB charger among other things.
Engine-wise, the Nexon remains unchanged. The Tata Nexon's 1198cc, three-cylinder petrol motor puts out 110PS and 170Nm while the 1498cc, four-cylinder diesel engine is rated at 110PS and 260Nm.
Starts Rs 6.16 Lakhs
- Review2018 Toyota Yaris V MT road test review
- Review2018 Kia Rio X-line first drive review
- NewsGoodyear launches the Assurance TripleMax 2 tyre range in India
- NewsAishwarya Pissay to be part of Sherco TVS Rally Factory squad at 2018 Baja Aragon
- NewsDani Pedrosa announces his retirement from MotoGP
- NewsBentley Motors enters 100th year with the premiere of a short film
- NewsRenault Kwid fails ASEAN NCAP safety test, gets a zero-star rating
- NewsTata 45X based premium hatchback to launch in India by the 2019 festive season
- News2018 BMW 3 Series Gran Turismo Sport launched at Rs 46.60 lakh
- NewsAnalysis: Kawasaki to localise Ninja 300 for better pricing?