Tata Nexon AMT to be launched on lower trim levels
A report available on the internet states that the Tata Nexon AMT will soon be made available on the XMA and XZA variants, in addition to the XZA+ already available.
Tata dealerships across the country started selling the Nexon AMT XZA+ at a starting price of INR. 9.41 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi, for the petrol variant and at INR. 10.3 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi, for the diesel variant. Tata Motors claims that the Nexon is the first car in India with AMT to have multi-drive modes - Eco, City, and Sport.
Technical details of the Tata Nexon AMT, stylised as HyprDrive, were recently revealed, and we have already driven this AMT version that has been launched. The AMT also brings to the Nexon a crawl mode, so it can move forward in congested traffic without much footwork from the driver. Nexon HyprDrive also features smart hill-assist which prevents the car from rolling backwards on inclines.
The mid-level XMA trim will get features identical to its manual counterpart which includes a power tailgate, electrically adjustable ORVMs, remote central locking, ConnectNext infotainment system with steering mounted audio controls, follow-me-home headlamps and wheel covers.
The Tata Nexon XZA AMT will be equipped with auto climate control, height adjustable driver's seat, cooled glovebox, larger touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, front and rear parking sensors with a reverse camera, fast USB charger among other things.
Engine-wise, the Nexon remains unchanged. The Tata Nexon's 1198cc, three-cylinder petrol motor puts out 110PS and 170Nm while the 1498cc, four-cylinder diesel engine is rated at 110PS and 260Nm.
Starts Rs 6.95 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.04 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.9 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.34 Lakhs
- NewsSpecification comparison: Hero Xtreme 160R vs TVS Apache RTR 160 4V vs Bajaj Pulsar NS160 vs Suzuki Gixxer 155 vs Yamaha FZ-S Fi V3.0
- FeaturesFive best V12-powered cars you can buy in 2020
- NewsHere's how Toyota is helping owners of its legendary sportscars, like the Supra and 2000GT, keep their cars running
- NewsKia Seltos gets top-spec Gravity variant in South Korea
- FeaturesPantera RX6 Rallycross car driven: Growing wings!
- Digitising Text
- Abstract | Winners and Honourable Mentions
- BP Tip of the Day: Getting Out of a Creative Block