Tata Nexon compact SUV to get Apple CarPlay and Android Auto-equipped touchscreen infotainment system
While we will be driving the Tata Nexon compact SUV soon, Tata Motors have been sending us press releases about the vehicle's feature list. The latest release disseminated has all the information about the highly spoken about infotainment system from the Nexon.
This touchscreen infotainment system uses a 6.5-inch interface and looks quite premium
The Tata Nexon uses a Harman-sourced 6.5-inch floating tablet infotainment system. Similar to ones we have seen in Audi and Mercedes cars, the infotainment system is mounted on top of the dashboard and unlike the other manufacturers mentioned here, also is a touchscreen unit. It also boasts Android Auto and Apple CarPlay services. Tata Motors is also quick to point out that the system is HD. One can view their calls, texts and Whatsapp messages on the 8-speaker Harman screen and also reply to them via voice commands. Apple CarPlay support though will be rolled out soon.
Tata Motors says that the Nexon's system will have Apple CarPlay at a later stage
Other details of the new Tata Nexon that the company has provided include the different modes that can be used via a JLR-type rotary dial. These include Eco, City and Sport modes. Just behind the dial is a sliding cup holder that lends the Nexon a premium touch. Tata is also using all-new 1.2-litre 110PS/170Nm Revotron petrol and 110PS/260Nm 1.5-litre diesel engines. Both these engines will be mated to a sole 6-speed manual.
The rotary drive helps select the different driving modes
Tata Nexon Revotron petrol engine
This is the sliding cup holder mechanism in the new Tata Nexon
Watch out for our Tata Nexon review on July 28.
Starts Rs 5.85 Lakhs
Team OD | 17 May 2018
- NewsHarley-Davidson Fat Boy from Terminator 2 film to be auctioned for $ 200,000
- NewsImage Gallery: New Volvo XC40 SUV India debut
- NewsImage gallery: Pagani Huayra BC 'Macchina Volante' spotted in Geneva
- FeaturesPreview: 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga
- NewsJaguar J-Pace flagship SUV to make global debut by 2021
- NewsYamaha Niken launched in UK at GBP 13,499
- NewsRemembering the 'Kentucky Kid' Nicky Hayden a year later
- NewsRenault to focus on few core models to build its India business
- NewsFuel prices in India at record high, petrol reaches Rs 84.70 per litre while diesel priced at Rs 72.48 per litre
- NewsHyundai India to hike prices of its cars by 2 per cent from June 2018