Tata Nexon production to be doubled in India
Tata Motors seems to be on a roll with its latest offering, the Nexon. The company recently announced plans of doubling the production of the SUV to meet the rising demands. Tata dealerships across the country have a waiting period of close to three months for Nexon with 15,000 bookings. The company plans to attend these bookings in the coming six weeks.
Tata Motors launched the Nexon in India in September this year. The ex-showroom prices of the Nexon start at Rs 5.85 lakh for the petrol and 6.85 lakh for the diesel models. The Tata Nexon is manufactured at the company's facility in Ranjangaon. Considering it was one of the most anticipated car launches this year, the company did rake in higher bookings. However, due to the production constraints, the deliveries of Nexon did get affected. Tata Motors intended to run a monthly production run of 5500-6000 units, however, the same was done in the range of little lower than 3,000units.
Speaking to Moneycontrol, a senior Tata Motors executive mentioned, "We accept that we could not ramp up Nexon production in the run-up to the launch of the vehicle and immediately after that. But those issues are getting sorted out now and we will go full speed ahead,"
The Nexon's all-new 1.5-litre diesel motor makes 110PS/260Nm and is mated to a 6-speed manual transmission. The motor offers impressive low end torque and doesn't need frequent gearshifts. Then there is a new 1.2-litre petrol engine as well that produces 110PS at 5,000rpm and generates 170Nm at 2,000-4,000rpm. This engine too is available with a 6-speed manual unit.The engines are manufactured at Tata's Sanand facility.
Starts Rs 6.16 Lakhs
- NewsHero Destini 125cc scooter to launch on October 22
- NewsChinese carmaker Great Wall Motors to enter India by 2021-22
- NewsImage gallery: New BMW X7 SUV
- NewsSkoda Kodiaq GT coupe-SUV unveiled for China
- News2019 BMW X7 SUV unveiled internationally
- FeaturesReady to race
- NewsMahindra becomes first Indian carmaker to drive to Everest base camp
- NewsIndia-spec 2019 Nissan Kicks unveiled In Mumbai
- NewsMahindra and Ford to collaborate on shared powertrains, connected car tech
- NewsLive updates: Reveal of India-spec 2019 Nissan Kicks