Tata Nexon SUV gets four star in GNCAP crash tests
The Tata Nexon SUV has been recently awarded a four-star rating in the GNCAP crash tests that were conducted under the 2018 #SaferCarsForIndia initiative. The compact SUV achieved the highest adult safety score (13.56/17.00) amongst all the models tested across the Indian market. The test agency states that the Tata Nexon SUV which gets frontal double airbags, frontal double pretensioners, ABS and ISOFIX anchorages, as standard has achieved a strong result of four stars for adult occupant protection and three stars for child occupant protection.
The results mention that the Tata Nexon SUV gets four star adult occupant protection with good protection for head and neck of driver and passenger and adequate protection for their chests with a stable structure at 64km/h offset deformable barrier crash test
The results mention that the Tata Nexon SUV gets four star adult occupant protection with good protection for head and neck of driver and passenger and adequate protection for their chests with a stable structure at 64km/h offset deformable barrier crash test. The ISOFIX anchorages with ISOFIX child restraint systems (CRS) offered by Tata Motors, helped the SUV achieve three stars for child occupant protection. The rearward facing CRS installed with ISOFIX anchorages showed good protection to the 18 months old child, while the ISOFIX forwards facing installed CRS offered good protection for head and limited protection to the chest.
"The 4 stars awarded to the Tata Nexon represent a very strong result from a major Indian car manufacturer. This impressive safety performance is comfortably above the new crash test standards applied in India to new models since October 2017. It is very encouraging to see Tata aiming high for safety and a great example for others to follow. The race is clearly on for India's first 5 star car! " commented, David Ward, Secretary General of Global NCAP
Starts Rs 6.16 Lakhs
- NewsINRC 2018: Popular Rally in Kochi to see three-way champonship tussle
- NewsDucati enters pre-owned motorcycle segment in India with Ducati Approved
- FeaturesTata Harrier: Things you will like
- NewsMcLaren commissions six special edition cars to celebrate racing heritage
- FeaturesOverview: Tata Harrier's OMEGA architecture
- NewsBookings open for the 2019 Nissan Kicks SUV
- NewsJawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two video: Exhaust note, top speed, design and features explained
- ReviewJawa Jawa first ride review
- NewsLive updates: Jawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two ridden in India
- News2019 Yamaha Saluto RX 110, Saluto 125 UBS launched in India at Rs 52,000