Tata Nexon SUV gets four star in GNCAP crash tests
The Tata Nexon SUV has been recently awarded a four-star rating in the GNCAP crash tests that were conducted under the 2018 #SaferCarsForIndia initiative. The compact SUV achieved the highest adult safety score (13.56/17.00) amongst all the models tested across the Indian market. The test agency states that the Tata Nexon SUV which gets frontal double airbags, frontal double pretensioners, ABS and ISOFIX anchorages, as standard has achieved a strong result of four stars for adult occupant protection and three stars for child occupant protection.
The results mention that the Tata Nexon SUV gets four star adult occupant protection with good protection for head and neck of driver and passenger and adequate protection for their chests with a stable structure at 64km/h offset deformable barrier crash test
The results mention that the Tata Nexon SUV gets four star adult occupant protection with good protection for head and neck of driver and passenger and adequate protection for their chests with a stable structure at 64km/h offset deformable barrier crash test. The ISOFIX anchorages with ISOFIX child restraint systems (CRS) offered by Tata Motors, helped the SUV achieve three stars for child occupant protection. The rearward facing CRS installed with ISOFIX anchorages showed good protection to the 18 months old child, while the ISOFIX forwards facing installed CRS offered good protection for head and limited protection to the chest.
"The 4 stars awarded to the Tata Nexon represent a very strong result from a major Indian car manufacturer. This impressive safety performance is comfortably above the new crash test standards applied in India to new models since October 2017. It is very encouraging to see Tata aiming high for safety and a great example for others to follow. The race is clearly on for India's first 5 star car! " commented, David Ward, Secretary General of Global NCAP
Starts Rs 6.16 Lakhs
- NewsTVS StaR City+ launched in new grey-black paint option at Rs 52,907
- NewsSkoda appoints Pavel Richter as production technical director of its India 2.0 project
- NewsImage gallery: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 riding gear and apparel
- NewsImage gallery: Royal Enfield Continental GT 650 and Interceptor 650 accessories
- OpinionOn OVERDRIVE turning twenty...
- Review2018 Lexus ES 300h first drive review
- NewsThe OVERDRIVE 24 Hours Performance Run is coming your way this weekend
- NewsFerrari lays out plans till 2022, will build 'Purosangue' SUV
- News2019 Suzuki Katana to be unveiled on October 2 at the Intermot show
- News2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class launched in India at Rs 40 lakh