Tata Nexon SUV to have turbocharged petrol and diesel engines in India
Tata's upcoming SUV, the Nexon, has been one hot topic of discussion. Ever since the SUV was showcased in the concept form at the Auto Expo 2014, it has garnered a lot of interest and Tata Motors has been testing the Nexon for quite some time now. At the Geneva Auto Show 2017, Tata Motors did reveal that the Nexon will come with an all-new 1.5-litre turbodiesel engine that will make 110PS@3,750rpm and 260Nm@1,500-2,750rpm. The engine will be mated to a 6-speed manual transmission. However, now the company has officially said that there will also be a 1.2-litre 3-cylinder turbopetrol motor that is good for 110PS@5,000rpm and 170Nm@2,000-4,000rpm. This engine too will be available with the 6-speed manual. We believe this engine is the same as the one available in the Zest sedan, but with a higher compression ratio and perhaps bigger turbo. While Tata will manufacture the petrol Revotron engine at the Sanand facility, the Revotorq diesel will be shipped from the Ranjangaon plant. Both the engines will come with Eco, City and Sport modes.
A few details of the Tata Nexon that we know so far include the fact that the SUV is 3,995mm long, 1,181mm wide and 1,607mm tall. The wheelbase is 2,498mm. The ground clearance, we believe, has been calculated with the kerb weight standards and is 200mm. The SUV rides on 17-inch alloys on the top trims while the base units could see 15-inchers. The infotainment system looks similar to the unit that Audi uses for its cars. It is likely to have Apple CarPlay as well as Android Auto functionality.
We will be driving the Tata Nexon soon and our review will be up on July 28, 2017. Bookmark this page to be the first one to read the review!
Starts Rs 6.16 Lakhs
- News2019 Nissan GT-R prices for the U.S. market announced
- NewsTata Nexon SUV becomes first Indian-origin car to score five-star Global NCAP rating
- NewsShell India and Gordon Murray Design unveil pre-production OX Truck
- News2019 FIA F3 Championship: Jehan Daruvala to drive for Prema Racing
- NewsThe Nissan GT-R50 by Italdesign concept is headed to production in 2019
- NewsTata Harrier SUV seven-seater version to debut in 2019, one of three major Tata launches next year
- NewsImage gallery: 2019 Skoda Scala
- News2019 Skoda Scala premium hatchback unveiled internationally
- NewsSuzuki Motorcycle India crosses the 40 lakh sales milestone
- Review2019 Tata Harrier first drive review