Tata Nexon SUV to have turbocharged petrol and diesel engines in India
Tata's upcoming SUV, the Nexon, has been one hot topic of discussion. Ever since the SUV was showcased in the concept form at the Auto Expo 2014, it has garnered a lot of interest and Tata Motors has been testing the Nexon for quite some time now. At the Geneva Auto Show 2017, Tata Motors did reveal that the Nexon will come with an all-new 1.5-litre turbodiesel engine that will make 110PS@3,750rpm and 260Nm@1,500-2,750rpm. The engine will be mated to a 6-speed manual transmission. However, now the company has officially said that there will also be a 1.2-litre 3-cylinder turbopetrol motor that is good for 110PS@5,000rpm and 170Nm@2,000-4,000rpm. This engine too will be available with the 6-speed manual. We believe this engine is the same as the one available in the Zest sedan, but with a higher compression ratio and perhaps bigger turbo. While Tata will manufacture the petrol Revotron engine at the Sanand facility, the Revotorq diesel will be shipped from the Ranjangaon plant. Both the engines will come with Eco, City and Sport modes.
A few details of the Tata Nexon that we know so far include the fact that the SUV is 3,995mm long, 1,181mm wide and 1,607mm tall. The wheelbase is 2,498mm. The ground clearance, we believe, has been calculated with the kerb weight standards and is 200mm. The SUV rides on 17-inch alloys on the top trims while the base units could see 15-inchers. The infotainment system looks similar to the unit that Audi uses for its cars. It is likely to have Apple CarPlay as well as Android Auto functionality.
We will be driving the Tata Nexon soon and our review will be up on July 28, 2017. Bookmark this page to be the first one to read the review!
Starts Rs 6.36 Lakhs
- NewsPrices of Renault Kwid hatchback to be hiked by three per cent from April 1 2019
- NewsMaruti Suzuki's new six-speed transmission spotted
- NewsBajaj and Piaggio auto rickshaws in UK as Ola starts service in Liverpool
- NewsF1: Mick Schumacher to make Formula 1 debut at Bahrain young drivers test
- NewsBSVI updated 2019 Aprilia SR125 scooter spotted uncamouflaged on test
- Wedding Photography Symposium
- Sony Better Photography Wedding Photographer of the Year 2018-19 Awards Night
- Sony BP WPOY 2018-19: Top 10 in The Joy of Light by Photoquip