Tata Nexon to be launched in India on September 21
Indian car maker Tata Motors will launch its much-awaited Tata Nexon compact SUV in India on September 21, 2017. The Tata Nexon sub-4m SUV is expected to be launched in a price range of Rs 6 lakh to Rs 10 lakh. We have already revealed the that the Tata Nexon is will be available in XE, XM, XT and XZ+ variants as well as details of equipment offered on each variant. Bookings for the compact Tata Nexon which competes with the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, Ford EcoSport and Honda WR-V can be made with a deposit of Rs 11,000 at any Tata dealership. The Nexon comes powered by either a 1.2-litre turbocharged petrol producing 110PS/170Nm, or 1.5-litre turbocharged diesel producing 110PS/260Nm. Both come mated to a six-speed manual transmission, while an AMT version of the Nexon has already been spotted testing. Being sub-4m, Tata Nexon could benefit from the relief that manufacturers felt after the GST Council announced varying GST cess rates for different categories of vehicles.
Expected to be priced in the Rs 6 to 10 lakh range, Tata Nexon will compete with the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, Ford EcoSport and Honda WR-V
We had driven the Tata Nexon in its top-end XZ+ trim in July and were quite impressed. The base XE variant which was spied last week at a dealership loses out on much of the equipment and features when compared to the XZ+ trim such as projector headlamps, LED DRLs, fog lamps, alloy wheels and roof rails. While on the inside, the 6.5-inch touchscreen system is missing as well. It is commendable though that the Tata Nexon XE base trim more or less looks the same as the top-spec variants.
Starts Rs 6.36 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.67 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.79 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.39 Lakhs
- NewsPrices of Renault Kwid hatchback to be hiked by three per cent from April 1 2019
- NewsMaruti Suzuki's new six-speed transmission spotted
- NewsBajaj and Piaggio auto rickshaws in UK as Ola starts service in Liverpool
- NewsF1: Mick Schumacher to make Formula 1 debut at Bahrain young drivers test
- NewsBSVI updated 2019 Aprilia SR125 scooter spotted uncamouflaged on test
- Wedding Photography Symposium
- Sony Better Photography Wedding Photographer of the Year 2018-19 Awards Night
- Sony BP WPOY 2018-19: Top 10 in The Joy of Light by Photoquip