Tata Prima launched in Bhutan
Tata Motors has now launched their next-gen PRIMA trucks in Bhutan. The trucks first made famous by the T1 PRIMA racing league, will be available in three variants. The PRIMA LX 2523.T form the cargo segment, while the PRIMA LX 2523.K and PRIMA LX 2528.K form the tipper construct segment. Tata Motors have tied up with Samden Vehicles Pvt. Ltd. and STCBL.
The 2523.T comes with to a 5.9-litre common rail diesel engine provided by Cummins, producing 233PS and 850Nm of torque. This is mated to a 6-speed manual transmission by Eaton. The 2523.K and 2528.K come with a Cummins CRDe engine producing 270PS and 970Nm of torque, mated to a 9-speed ZF manual gearbox.
"The launch of the PRIMA World-Smart range of heavy commercial vehicles in Bhutan is an important milestone in Tata Motors' continued expansion in the country and the South Asian region. As a major player the region, we at Tata Motors are committed to shaping the commercial vehicle industry here, with the latest global technologies, giving the Bhutanese customer competitive business advantages, with the trusted credentials of the Tata Motors brand." says Ravindra Pisharody, executive director, Commercial Vehicles Business Unit, Tata Motors.
He further added, "The Tata PRIMA shaped by technology, know-how and expertise with global standards of power, durability, payload, emissions and safety, will enable commercial vehicle customers to upgrade to a new-age truck, with new-age global specifications and systems, a result of customer feedback combined with years of experience in the trucking business. The range being launched today is world-class in every sense."
Team OD | 19 Feb 2018
- NewsF2 2018: Arjun Maini signs with Trident for FIA Formula 2 Championship
- Review2018 TVS Apache RR 310 road test review
- Features2016 Yamaha YZF-R3 long term review: After 12,572km and two years
- NewsPorsche discontinues diesel, to focus on EVs and hybrids
- News721PS/770Nm Ferrari 488 Pista comes with the most powerful V8 built by the company
- NewsTriumph Bonneville Speedmaster to launch in India on February 27, 2018
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Mahindra KUV100 Adventure Edition image gallery
- NewsGeneva Motor Show: Tata 45X based sedan teased
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Hyundai Elite i20 facelift image gallery
- NewsImage gallery: Yamaha Motoroid concept