Tata Tiago AMT launched in India at Rs 5.73 lakh
Tata Motors has launched Tiago with an AMT at Rs 5.73 lakh, ex-Mumbai. It will be paired only with the Revotron 1.2-litre petrol engine. The 3-cylinder naturally aspirated motor puts out 85PS at 6,000rpm and 114Nm at 3,500rpm. The AMT will only be available on the top-spec XZA variant and is Rs 43,000 more than the manual Tata Tiago XZ. All the other variants will still be offered with the 5-speed manual gearbox only.
The Tiago's AMT gets a Manual mode as well as a Sport mode. Unlike the manual variant, the Tiago AMT will also be offered with Eco and City modes which will change only the engine mapping for better efficiency or performance.
Like almost all AMTs in the market, the Tiago's unit will come with a creep function, which eases the manoeuvrability in slow-moving traffic conditions and during parking. The creep feature enables the car to crawl as and when pressure is eased off the brake pedal, and also prevents the car from rolling back on slopes.
The Tata Tiago AMT competes with the Maruti Suzuki Celerio AMT, the Honda Brio AT and the Nissan Micra CVT. Since the Honda Brio uses a traditional torque convertor and the Nissan Micra uses a Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT), it is the Maruti Suzuki Celerio and the Tata Tiago that would compete against each other with AMT gearboxes.
Starts Rs 3.35 Lakhs
Starts Rs 4.66 Lakhs
Starts Rs 4.2 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.99 Lakhs
- NewsAtacama Rally 2018: Hero MotoSports' Oriol Mena finishes Stage 2 in 10th place, Joaquim Rodrigues 15th
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: CS Santosh to lead charge for Hero Motosport Team Rally
- NewsIsuzu India announces cricketer Jonty Rhodes as new brand ambassador for D-Max V-Cross
- NewsHonda Navi crosses one lakh sales mark
- NewsMaruti Suzuki increases prices of all its models in India
- Review2018 Suzuki Burgman Street road test review
- NewsYamaha YZF-R15 Moto GP limited edition and new colour options for Yamaha FZS-Fi launched at Rs 1.3 lakh and Rs 87,042
- NewsNext-gen Hyundai Santro design sketch unveiled, to launch in October 2018
- NewsSportier Toyota Yaris TRD Sportivo shown at GIIAS 2018
- News2018 Bajaj Pulsar NS160 with rear disc brake priced at Rs 82,630