Tata Tiago AMT launched in India at Rs 5.73 lakh
Tata Motors has launched Tiago with an AMT at Rs 5.73 lakh, ex-Mumbai. It will be paired only with the Revotron 1.2-litre petrol engine. The 3-cylinder naturally aspirated motor puts out 85PS at 6,000rpm and 114Nm at 3,500rpm. The AMT will only be available on the top-spec XZA variant and is Rs 43,000 more than the manual Tata Tiago XZ. All the other variants will still be offered with the 5-speed manual gearbox only.
The Tiago's AMT gets a Manual mode as well as a Sport mode. Unlike the manual variant, the Tiago AMT will also be offered with Eco and City modes which will change only the engine mapping for better efficiency or performance.
Like almost all AMTs in the market, the Tiago's unit will come with a creep function, which eases the manoeuvrability in slow-moving traffic conditions and during parking. The creep feature enables the car to crawl as and when pressure is eased off the brake pedal, and also prevents the car from rolling back on slopes.
The Tata Tiago AMT competes with the Maruti Suzuki Celerio AMT, the Honda Brio AT and the Nissan Micra CVT. Since the Honda Brio uses a traditional torque convertor and the Nissan Micra uses a Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT), it is the Maruti Suzuki Celerio and the Tata Tiago that would compete against each other with AMT gearboxes.
Starts Rs 3.4 Lakhs
Starts Rs 4.66 Lakhs
Starts Rs 4.21 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.99 Lakhs
- NewsDaimler India will launch 50 products in domestic as well as international markets
- NewsSwapping stakes in KTM for a reasonable share in Pierer Industries on cards for Bajaj
- News2019 Hero Xpulse 200 spotted uncamouflaged ahead of its official launch
- FeaturesRacedecade: Celebrating 10 years of racing for VW Motorsport India
- NewsAvan Trend E electric scooter launched in India at Rs 56,900