Tata Tiago EV concept to hit the roads soon
Tata Motors cash cow, the Tiago, will soon get a new variant. No, it isn't some limited edition trim but a full blown car with an electric powertrain. At the recently held Low Carbon Vehicle event held at Millbrook, Tata Motors' European Technical Centre PLC or TMETC showcased the Tata Tiago EV. The Tata Tiago EV uses a liquid-cooled 85kW electric motor that makes 200Nm of torque right from the word go, mated to a single speed automatic. This Tata Tiago electric too comes with different drive modes like City and Sport similar to the AMT-equipped Tiago. TMETC claims that the Tiago, in Sport mode, will hit the ton in less than 11 seconds. The top speed of the Tata Tiago EV is claimed to be 135kmph. Kerb weight of the Tata Tiago EV at 1040kg too is lower than the regular Tiago AMT by 40kg.
The Tata Tiago EV looks exactly the same as its conventional fuel powered cousin
TMEC says that the Tata Tiago EV will soon be rolled out for tests and can be charged via regular charging outlets
That's one unique gear selector knob in the Tata Tiago EV
We expect Tata Motors to showcase the Tiago EV at the Auto Expo 2018
Tata Motors has previously showcased other electric-hybrid trims of its vehicles before. However, a launch plan still hasn't been revealed. We believe this time around, Tata Motors will showcase the Tiago EV in India at the Auto Expo 2018. In other news, Tata Motors' Jamshedpur plant has been facing a labour unrest because the wages of the workers allegedly have not been paid with a revision.
Starts Rs 4.6 Lakhs
- News2020 Honda CB 350 launch in India: Top five highlights
- News2020 Honda CB 350 rivals in India: Royal Enfield Classic 350, Benelli imperiale 400, Jawa Perak, Bajaj Dominar 400 and RE Meteor 350
- News2020 Honda CB 350 cruiser launched in India, rivals Royal Enfield Classic 350
- NewsLive updates: Honda CB 350 cruiser launch, to rival Royal Enfield
- NewsTVS owned Norton Motorcycles to offer repayment of deposits, but at a condition