Tata Tiago hatchback records its highest ever monthly sales
Tata Motors has announced that it sold 9,277 units of the Tata Tiago hatchback in August. This is highest ever monthly sales that the model line has recorded since it launched in April 2016.
The top spec XZ trim cars sold the most and the Tiago was most popular in the northern part of the country. Chandigarh Tricity, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu & Kashmir and Punjab saw the highest percentage of sales. The petrol variant contributed 80% of the overall sales for Tiago which is not surprising given the current trends in the market.
The Tiago was the first car that carried the brand's 'Impact' design philosophy, which Tata Motors feels played a big role in the hatchback's success. The company also feels the Tiago's extended feature list is a big draw for buyers.
Both the petrol and the diesel on the Tiago are three-cylinder units. The naturally aspirated 1.2-litre Revotron motor puts out 85PS of power and 114Nm of torque, with a claimed mileage of 23.84kmpl. There are multi-drive modes - City and Eco. The 1,047cc turbocharged Revotorq diesel motor makes 70PS/140Nm and claims to deliver 27.28kmpl. Both the petrol and the diesel engines are mated to a 5-speed manual transmission.
Tata Motors recently launched Tata Tiago NRG cross-hatch to capitalize on the Tiago's success. A hotter Tiago JTP is also set to be launched soon.
Starts Rs 3.35 Lakhs
- News2019 Bajaj Platina 110 launched at Rs 47,197
- News2019 Mercedes-Benz CLA teased ahead of debut next month at CES 2019
- Features35 years of the Maruti 800: A social icon
- NewsMore spy images emerge of upcoming 2019 Renault RBC seven-seater MPV
- NewsOkinawa i-Praise electric scooter pre-bookings begin at Rs 5,000
- News2020 Mahindra Thar off-roader spotted testing under camoflage
- NewsJawa Motorcycles opens its first two dealerships in Pune
- NewsINRC 2018: Popular Rally in Kochi to see three-way champonship tussle
- NewsDucati enters pre-owned motorcycle segment in India with Ducati Approved
- FeaturesTata Harrier: Things you will like