Tata Tiago is the new name for Zica hatchback
Tata Motors has re-branded the Zica to Tata Tiago. The name was chosen based on a poll result between Tiago, Civet and Adore. The company had decided to change the name of its upcoming hatchback as it sounded and spelled similar to the 'zika' virus which has claimed many victims all over the world.
The Tata Tiago will primarily compete against the Maruti Suzuki Celerio. It is powered by a three-cylinder, all-aluminum petrol engine that makes 85PS /114Nm. While the diesel too gets a three-cylinder layout, it makes 70PS/140Nm. Both the engines are offered with manual transmission units. In terms of dimensions, the Tata Tiago is 3,746mm long and 1,647mm wide. Overall height is 1,535mm. In terms of features, the top variants of Tiago get infotainment system developed by Harman. The stereo offers eight speakers and well as navigation like in the Bolt.
The Tata Tiago features a honeycomb grille which has now become a Tata signature. The inverted design headlamp blends well with the grille. The Tiago also gets a prominent shoulder line while the window profile is almost like the Ford Figo. At the rear, the Tata Tiago features a similar profile like the Hyundai Grand i10.
The launch of Tata Tiago is expected to happen by the end of March 2016. We expect the prices of the new Tata hatchback to range in between Rs 4 lakh to Rs 5.5 lakh.
More from OVERDRIVE on the Tata Zica
Starts Rs 4.6 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.39 Lakhs
Starts Rs 4.98 Lakhs
Starts Rs 4.31 Lakhs
- FeaturesMeeting the Tribe(r): Renault Triber South Africa launch
- NewsUpcoming Tata Altroz 1.2-litre turbo-petrol spotted testing in India
- News2020 Hyundai Grand i10 Nios Turbo launched in India, prices start at Rs 7.68 lakh
- News2020 Honda Africa Twin to be launched on March 5 in India
- NewsBMW X5M and X6M performance SUVs to launch in India by September 2020
- Digitek Launches its Battery for Sony, the F-960/F-970 MU
- Digitek Introduces the DUC-008 Battery Charger
- Digitek Unveils its latest Softbox, the DSBH-055