Tata Tiago JTP launched in India at Rs 6.39 lakh, Tigor JTP at Rs 7.49 lakh
Tata Motors has launched the Tata Tiago JTP at Rs 6.39 lakh and the Tigor JTP at Rs 7.49 lakh in the country. Both prices are ex-showroom India. Bookings for the two performance-oriented cars are now open at all Tata dealerships nationwide, while deliveries will begin next month.
At the 2018 Auto Expo earlier this year, the company had showcased both the Tiago JTP and Tigor JTP. However, there was no concrete confirmation about when these cars would make it to production. But this announcement and several sightings of the cars that are undergoing testing, suggests that the company was serious about the launching the car. This car is a result of Tata Motors' partnership with the Coimbatore-based Jayem Automotives called JT Special Vehicles, a 50:50 joint venture
The company has also made a host of styling changes. The cars get a hood vent, new gloss black detailing on the front grille, new front bumpers with a larger lower grille and a rear bumper with a subtle diffuser. There are twin-pipe exhausts and JTP badging on the grille, the new fender vents and the rear.
Other exterior styling changes include new dual projector headlamps first seen on the recent Tigor facelift, albeit with a chrome finish. There is also a new design for the diamond-cut alloys, new side skirts, contrasting black roof and rear spoiler and contrasting outside mirrors.
The biggest change is the new 1.2-litre turbocharged Revotron petrol motor. Both cars get this unit which puts out 114PS and 150Nm. Against the 85PS/114 Nm of the standard cars, the performance bump comes by way of new intakes and exhaust systems. Tata Motors also says they have worked on optimising the five-speed manual transmission. Given these cars sporty bend, the eco mode has been deleted and city and sport drive modes are available.
Other changes include a reworked suspension system for better ride and handling, a 4mm drop in ride height and bigger 15-inches. The standard Tiago and Tigor make do with 14-inch tyres.
The sporty theme continues on the inside as well. Both cars get an all-black interior with contrasting red accents, a new leather-wrapped steering wheel. The seat fabric is also new and gets red stitching, as does the gear shifter and steering wheel. There are also aluminium finish pedals. Both the Tiago and Tigor JTP get a new eight-speaker set up for the infotainment system, two airbags in the front and ABS is standard.
Starts Rs 3.35 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.2 Lakhs
- NewsSavita Oil Technologies to supply Tata Motors with original oils
- NewsMahindra Treo electric three-wheeler range with lithium-ion battery pack launched in India at Rs 1.36 lakh
- NewsImage gallery: Jawa and Jawa Forty Two launched in India
- NewsJawa Motorcycles launches the Jawa and Jawa Forty Two at Rs 1.64 lakh and Rs 1.55 lakh
- NewsLive updates: Jawa Motorcycles all-new range launched in India
- NewsNew-gen Maruti Suzuki Ertiga starts arriving at dealerships ahead of launch
- NewsMahindra to launch new Treo electric three-wheeler today
- Review2018 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 road test review
- NewsLive updates: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 India launch
- NewsRoyal Enfield Interceptor 650 launched in India at Rs 2.50 lakh, Continental GT 650 at Rs 2.65 lakh