Tata Tiago makes it to the list of top ten selling cars India
The Tata Tiago has made it to the list of of top ten, best selling cars in India, for the second time. Tata sold 7,036 units of Tiago in the month of August 2017. The last time the Tiago featured in the top ten was back in November 2016, when 6,008 units of the car were sold.
The Tiago is also contributing to a majority of Tata Motors' passenger car sales. Out of the 16,261 cars that Tata sold in August 7,036 were Tiagos. Interestingly, the sales numbers of the Tiago are pretty close to another bestseller, from a different segment, the Renault Kwid. The French carmaker sold, 7,802 units of the Kwid in August 2017.
The success of the Tiago can be attributed to the car's fresh design, interior space and impressive list of features, which coupled with the aggressive pricing has made it a good, value for money buy in the segment.
The Tiago is available with a choice a 1.2-litre 3-cylinder 85PS/114Nm petrol and 1.05-litre 3-cylinder 70Ps/140Nm diesel engines. These are mated to a five-speed manual transmission. In addition, Tata also sells the Tiago with an optional AMT transmission.
Starts Rs 3.35 Lakhs
Starts Rs 2.67 Lakhs
- Features35 years of the Maruti 800: A social icon
- NewsMore spy images emerge of upcoming 2019 Renault RBC seven-seater MPV
- NewsOkinawa i-Praise electric scooter pre-bookings begin at Rs 5,000
- News2020 Mahindra Thar off-roader spotted testing under camoflage
- NewsJawa Motorcycles opens its first two dealerships in Pune
- NewsINRC 2018: Popular Rally in Kochi to see three-way champonship tussle
- NewsDucati enters pre-owned motorcycle segment in India with Ducati Approved
- FeaturesTata Harrier: Things you will like
- NewsMcLaren commissions six special edition cars to celebrate racing heritage
- FeaturesOverview: Tata Harrier's OMEGA architecture