Tata Tiago NRG crossover hatchback details leaked before September 12 reveal
Tata Motors may be gearing to launch a crossover version of the Tata Tiago hatchback very soon, likely later this month. Leaked images show that the crossover will be named the Tata Tiago NRG. The images appear to be part of a product briefing document, and also include an image of the spec sheet, with all the details about the Tiago NRG. Visually, the Tata Tiago NRG will receive more rugged-looking plastic bits as well as added ground clearance to give it a crossover look.
Reports state that the Tiago may be launched on September 12. Dimensionally, the Tiago NRG is slightly longer, wider, and taller than the standard Tiago, while the wheelbase remains the same. The ground clearance on the NRG has been increased to 180mm.
The NRG receives a black body kit, that includes two-tone front bumpers as well as integrated silver scuff plates, side skirts and cladding around wheel arches as well as tailgate. The grille, roof, mirrors, and B-pillar get blacked out. There is also a small roof spoiler.
The Tiago NRG also receives smoked headlamps and 4-spoke 14-inch alloy wheels. There will only be one trim level. Tata will offer the Tiago NRG with a 1.2-litre petrol or 1.0-litre diesel mated to a 5-speed manual gearbox.
Starts Rs 3.35 Lakhs
- NewsTVS Star City+ launched in new grey-black paint option at Rs 52,907
- NewsSkoda appoints Pavel Richter as production technical director of its India 2.0 project
- NewsImage gallery: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 riding gear and apparel
- NewsImage gallery: Royal Enfield Continental GT 650 and Interceptor 650 accessories
- OpinionOn OVERDRIVE turning twenty...
- Review2018 Lexus ES 300h first drive review
- NewsThe OVERDRIVE 24 Hours Performance Run is coming your way this weekend
- NewsFerrari lays out plans till 2022, will build 'Purosangue' SUV
- News2019 Suzuki Katana to be unveiled on October 2 at the Intermot show
- News2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class launched in India at Rs 40 lakh