Tata Tiago NRG crossover hatchback details leaked before September 12 reveal
Tata Motors may be gearing to launch a crossover version of the Tata Tiago hatchback very soon, likely later this month. Leaked images show that the crossover will be named the Tata Tiago NRG. The images appear to be part of a product briefing document, and also include an image of the spec sheet, with all the details about the Tiago NRG. Visually, the Tata Tiago NRG will receive more rugged-looking plastic bits as well as added ground clearance to give it a crossover look.
Reports state that the Tiago may be launched on September 12. Dimensionally, the Tiago NRG is slightly longer, wider, and taller than the standard Tiago, while the wheelbase remains the same. The ground clearance on the NRG has been increased to 180mm.
The NRG receives a black body kit, that includes two-tone front bumpers as well as integrated silver scuff plates, side skirts and cladding around wheel arches as well as tailgate. The grille, roof, mirrors, and B-pillar get blacked out. There is also a small roof spoiler.
The Tiago NRG also receives smoked headlamps and 4-spoke 14-inch alloy wheels. There will only be one trim level. Tata will offer the Tiago NRG with a 1.2-litre petrol or 1.0-litre diesel mated to a 5-speed manual gearbox.
Starts Rs 3.4 Lakhs
- FeaturesFIVA General Council Meeting in India
- FeaturesFIVA President in Conversation with Bob Rupani
- NewsMaruti Suzuki to discontinue diesel models from 2020 - will offer an EV for Rs 9 lakh
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Baleno hatchback diesel and RS variants see price hike
- NewsHarley Davidson reported a drop of 26.8 per cent in its Q1 earnings of 2019
- Wedding Photography Symposium
- Sony Better Photography Wedding Photographer of the Year 2018-19 Awards Night
- Sony BP WPOY 2018-19: Top 10 in The Joy of Light by Photoquip