Tata Tiago NRG launched in India at Rs 5.53 lakh
Tata Motors has added a new model to the Tiago range and is calling it the NRG. The Tata Tiago NRG (that is Tata speak for energy) is based on the regular Tiago hatchback but gets a crossover like styling. The Tiago NRG is priced at Rs 5.53 lakh, ex-showroom Mumbai for the petrol and Rs 6.38 lakh ex showroom for the diesel model. Both come with a 5 speed manual transmission.
Delhi prices are Rs 5.49 lakh for the petrol and Rs 6.31 lakh for the diesel.
Dimensionally, the Tiago NRG is slightly longer, wider, and taller than the standard Tiago, while the wheelbase remains the same. The ground clearance on the NRG has been increased to 180mm. The NRG receives a black body kit, that includes two-tone front bumpers as well as integrated silver scuff plates, side skirts and cladding around wheel arches as well as tailgate. The grille, roof, mirrors, and B-pillar get blacked out. There is also a small roof spoiler. The Tiago NRG will be offered in 3 colors Malabar Silver , Canyon Orange , Fuji White.
The rear of the Tata Tiago NRG gets a distinct tail door and bumper design.
The Tata Tiago NRG's cabin gets distinct orange highlights to differentiate it from the regular hatch. The seats are wrapped in denim inspired fabric and these too get orange detailing. In terms of the features, the Tiago NRG comes equipped with a 5-inch touchscreen infotainment system with voice assist which is not present in the Tata Tiago. It also gets a 8-speaker entertainment system with Bluetooth, USB, AUX-in and iPod connectivity along with 3D navigation. Tata Motors has also made dual front airbags, ABS wth EBD and corner stability control standard on the Tiago NRG.
The Tata Tiago NRG's cabin gets distinct orange highlights to differentiate it from the regular hatch.
The Tiago NRG also receives smoked headlamps and 4-spoke 14-inch alloy wheels. There will only be one trim level. Tata will offer the Tiago NRG with a 1.2-litre petrol or 1.0-litre diesel mated to a 5-speed manual gearbox. The Maruti Suzuki Celerio X is priced between Rs 4.76 lakh to Rs 5.61 lakh while the regular Tata Tiago is positioned between Rs 3.40 lakh to Rs 6.07 lakh, ex-showroom.
Starts Rs 3.35 Lakhs
Starts Rs 4.2 Lakhs
Team OD | 14 Sep 2018
- Review2018 Lexus ES 300h first drive review
- NewsThe OVERDRIVE 24 Hours Performance Run is coming your way this weekend
- NewsFerrari lays out plans till 2022, will build 'Purosangue' SUV
- News2019 Suzuki Katana to be unveiled on October 2 at the Intermot show
- News2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class launched in India at Rs 40 lakh
- NewsNew-gen Honda CR-V to be launched in India on October 9
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class facelift India launch
- NewsImage gallery: Mercedes-AMG A35 revealed
- NewsMercedes-AMG A35 hot hatchback revealed ahead of Paris Motor Show
- NewsAprilia studying the Indian market to introduce 125cc-150cc motorcycles