Tata Tiago NRG launched in India at Rs 5.53 lakh
Tata Motors has added a new model to the Tiago range and is calling it the NRG. The Tata Tiago NRG (that is Tata speak for energy) is based on the regular Tiago hatchback but gets a crossover like styling. The Tiago NRG is priced at Rs 5.53 lakh, ex-showroom Mumbai for the petrol and Rs 6.38 lakh ex showroom for the diesel model. Both come with a 5 speed manual transmission.
Delhi prices are Rs 5.49 lakh for the petrol and Rs 6.31 lakh for the diesel.
Dimensionally, the Tiago NRG is slightly longer, wider, and taller than the standard Tiago, while the wheelbase remains the same. The ground clearance on the NRG has been increased to 180mm. The NRG receives a black body kit, that includes two-tone front bumpers as well as integrated silver scuff plates, side skirts and cladding around wheel arches as well as tailgate. The grille, roof, mirrors, and B-pillar get blacked out. There is also a small roof spoiler. The Tiago NRG will be offered in 3 colors Malabar Silver , Canyon Orange , Fuji White.
The rear of the Tata Tiago NRG gets a distinct tail door and bumper design.
The Tata Tiago NRG's cabin gets distinct orange highlights to differentiate it from the regular hatch. The seats are wrapped in denim inspired fabric and these too get orange detailing. In terms of the features, the Tiago NRG comes equipped with a 5-inch touchscreen infotainment system with voice assist which is not present in the Tata Tiago. It also gets a 8-speaker entertainment system with Bluetooth, USB, AUX-in and iPod connectivity along with 3D navigation. Tata Motors has also made dual front airbags, ABS wth EBD and corner stability control standard on the Tiago NRG.
The Tata Tiago NRG's cabin gets distinct orange highlights to differentiate it from the regular hatch.
The Tiago NRG also receives smoked headlamps and 4-spoke 14-inch alloy wheels. There will only be one trim level. Tata will offer the Tiago NRG with a 1.2-litre petrol or 1.0-litre diesel mated to a 5-speed manual gearbox. The Maruti Suzuki Celerio X is priced between Rs 4.76 lakh to Rs 5.61 lakh while the regular Tata Tiago is positioned between Rs 3.40 lakh to Rs 6.07 lakh, ex-showroom.
Starts Rs 3.35 Lakhs
Starts Rs 4.2 Lakhs
- NewsVinales secures pole position for 2018 MotoGP season finale in Valencia, Marquez qualifies fifth despite crash
- News2018 JK NRC: Nayan Chatterjee and Karthik Tharani take Euro JK 18 championship down to the wire
- Review2018 TVS Radeon road test review
- News2018 Mahindra Alturas G4: Preliminary image gallery
- NewsVinod Dasari resigns as MD and CEO of Ashok Leyland
- Review2018 Kawasaki Ninja 400 road test review
- NewsSpec comparo: Jawa vs Royal Enfield Classic 350
- NewsMercedes-Benz C-Class facelift petrol to launch in India by the end of 2018
- NewsImage gallery: 2019 Mercedes-Benz CLS launched in India at Rs 84.70 lakh
- News2019 Kawasaki Versys 1000 bookings start in India, deliveries post April 2019