Tata Tiago receives 50,000 bookings in India
It's been only five months since Tata Motors launched the Tiago in India. And within this time span the carmaker has received 50,000 bookings for the Tiago. In an interview with Economic Times, Mayank Pareek, president, passenger vehicle business unit, Tata Motors, has said that the Tiago sales have been increasing with every month. "The main trigger behind the success of the Tiago is the design. We are seeing a different set of customers for Tiago. Young executives and young families are buying the Tiago," he further added.
The carmaker says that in September 2016, the Tiago contributed to around 40 per cent of its total sales. The exterior styling features Tata Motor's new Impact Design language while the cabin layout has been inspired from the Bolt. Tata offers the Tiago in both petrol and diesel variants and in a total of eight trims.
The 1.2-litre 3-cylinder Revotron petrol engine makes 85PS of power and 114Nm of torque. It has a claimed fuel efficiency rating of 23.84kmpl. It offers drivers the choice of City and Eco drive modes. The 1.05-litre Revotorq diesel engine makes 70PS of power and 140Nm of torque. It has a claimed fuel efficiency of 27.28kmpl. Both engines are mated to a 5-speed gearbox.
More from OVERDRIVE on the Tata Tiago
Starts Rs 3.4 Lakhs
Starts Rs 4.98 Lakhs
Starts Rs 4.21 Lakhs
- FeaturesInterview: Economics behind X1 Racing with co-founder Abhinandan Balasubramanian
- NewsNext Generation Skoda Rapid design sketches unveiled - India launch expected in 2021
- News2019 Hyundai Venue SUV gets over 75,000 bookings in five months
- News2019 Tokyo Motor Show: Toyota Mirai FCEV concept unveiled
- NewsKawasaki ZH2 supercharged spotted ahead of its October 23 global debut