Tata Tiago (Zica) booking open in India
Tata Motors has announced the commencement of bookings for the Tiago with a booking amount of Rs 10,000 at any of the company's dealerships.
The Tata Tiago has been in the limelight even before it was launched. Previously known as the Zica, the company had to drop the name owing to the outbreak of the deadly virus, Zika that claimed many lives, globally. The company began a nationwide hunt for a new name and shortlisted three probables, Tiago, Civet and Adore. People were asked to vote for a name they'd prefer and the Tiago was the one that garnered the highest votes.
The Tiago will slot below the Tata Bolt and features an all new, 1.2-litre, three-cylinder, Revotron petrol unit that produces 85PS and 114Nm. The 1.05-litre three cylinder, Revotorq diesel, on the other hand, develops 70PS and 140Nm. Tata has kitted the car with a host of features, including an eight-speaker Harman system with navigation. Our first drive also revealed that the car is spacious with well appointed interiors.
The Tiago will go up, primarily, against the Maruti Suzuki Celerio. Stay tuned for a detailed road test review and comparison test after its launch, expected later this month.
Starts Rs 3.35 Lakhs
Starts Rs 4.2 Lakhs
Starts Rs 4.65 Lakhs
- Features2018 Jaguar F-Type P300 R-Dynamic - things you will like, and some you may not
- NewsMaruti Suzuki S-Cross crosses one lakh sales figure
- NewsSpec Comparo: Hyundai Santro vs Tata Tiago vs Maruti Suzuki Celerio
- News2018 Hyundai Santro: Launch image gallery
- News2018 Hyundai Santro launched in India at Rs 3.90 lakh
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Hyundai Santro India launch
- NewsRoyal Enfield Continental GT 650 and Interceptor 650 bookings open in India
- NewsUpcoming Tata Harrier SUV undergoes handling tests in new video
- News2019 Yamaha FZ FI spotted testing in India