Tata Tigor sedan to be launched in India on March 29, 2017
Tata Motors will launch the Tigor styleback in India on March 29, 2017. The Tigor was displayed last year at the 2016 Indian Auto Expo as the Kite 5 concept, and Tata has decided to keep most of the design details from the concept car, for the production ready vehicle. The Tigor is a styleback, a design style which is the first in its segment.
The front half of the car, till the B-pillar carries the looks over from the Tata Tiago hatchback with just a slightly tweaked grille and the addition of projector headlamps. The rear section on the Tigor though, is all-new and though it's dimensions also look similar to that of the Tiago at first glance, it is a bit longer. Tata has stretched the wheelbase by 50mm and the overall length has increased by 246mm thereby increasing comfort for the passengers at the rear. 15-inch diamond-cut alloy wheels are available as an option. The big change of course is at the rear, which is one of the best rear-ends seen on a sub-4m sedan. The bootlid uses a smart 4-link opening mechanism that has done away with the need for hinges.
The interior of the Tigor are very similar to that of the Tiago, but feel more premium because of two big changes. Firstly, the colour shades have been changed to make them slightly darker, and secondly, the addition of a touchscreen infotainment system along with climate control. The Harman infotainment system was a big plus point for the Tiago, and now the addition of the navigation-capable touchscreen with integrated reverse camera has only improved it.
The Tigor is powered by the same engines from the Tiago The 1.05-litre turbo-diesel unit and the 1.2-litre petrol motor. The 3-cylinder diesel motor puts out 70PS and 140Nm and is mated to a 5-speed manual transmission. The 3-cylinder petrol motor on the other hand puts out 85PS and 114Nm and is also mated to a 5-speed manual gearbox. Both the motors get two driving modes City and Eco which provides Tata claims, provides the best performance in the selected conditions.
The Tigor will be available in the same trims as the Tiago The XB, XE, XM, XT and XZ. While the Tiago recently got an update with the addition of an AMT(Automated Manual Transmission) gearbox on the top-spec XZ trim, it remains to be seen if the Tigor too would eventually be driven by an AMT.
Expect the Tigor to be priced approximately Rs. 30,000-50,000 over that of the corresponding Tiago trims.
Starts Rs 4.65 Lakhs
Starts Rs 3.21 Lakhs
- NewsJeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk can make 1,000PS+, ask Hennessey Performance
- NewsRange Rover Velar launched in Malaysia at RM529,800
- News2018 Merzouga Rally: Sherco TVS rider Joan Pedrero Garcia ranked eighth overall after Stage 3
- NewsInterview: Gaurav Gill on competing in the WRC 2 championship with Team MRF in 2018
- NewsYamaha FZ 25 wins India Design Mark (I Mark) Awards 2018
- NewsBMW M2 Competition revealed with 405PS
- News2018 Ashok Leyland Annual Global Conference held in Chennai
- News2018 BMW X3 launched in India starting at Rs 49.99 lakh
- News2018 Mahindra XUV500 facelift: Top five things that you should know
- NewsOfficial: BMW G 310 R and G 310 GS bookings have NOT begun in India