Tata to showcase 1,040PS race truck at the T1 Prima Truck Racing Championship
Tata Motors has revealed information about a new truck it would be showcasing at the Tata T1 Prima Truck Racing Championship's Season 4, which will be held on March 19, 2017. The all-new T1 Prima race truck will feature an engine with an output of more than 1,000PS, similar to the race trucks which participate in European FIA Truck Racing Championships.
The truck will be powered by a 12-litre ISGe engine developed by Tata, in collaboration with Cummins Inc. With an output of 1,040PS at 2,600rpm and 3,500Nm at 1,600-2,200rpm, the new truck features more than twice as much power as the trucks competing in the season 4 of the T1 Prima Truck Racing Championship.
The engine drives the rear wheels through a 16-speed ZF gearbox, which helps keep the engine in the power band and puts the power to the wheels quickly. With such output figures at play here, this behemoth is capable of accelerating from 0-160kmph within 10 seconds, claims the company.
Season 4 of the Tata T1 Prima Truck Racing Championship will be organised at the Madras Motor Sports Club with British Truck Racing Association regulating safety and performance standards. For the first time, the event will have drivers from the European Truck Racing Championship (ETRC). Six drivers from ETRC along with six drivers from the British Truck Racing Championship will be racing in the Pro class.
The 1,040PS T1 Prima Truck will not be competing in Season 4 but will only be showcased. However, there is a possibility that this truck might be used in the competition during Season 5 next year. The trucks competing in Season 4 are the same as those in Season 3, with the 370PS/1,550Nm 8.9-litre Cummins ISLe turbo-diesel engine mated to a 9-speed manual gearbox powering the truck.
- NewsHero MotoSports Team Rally's Hero 450 RR to make Indian debut at 2018 Desert Storm
- News2018 TVS Apache RTR 160 4V Image Gallery
- Review2018 TVS Apache RTR 160 4V first ride review
- NewsPirelli opens its first branded retail store in Agra
- NewsSuzuki Intruder Fi launched in India at Rs 1.06 lakh
- NewsTrack n Tell Intelli Play - Infotainment and tracking device
- NewsAudi India announces price hike ranging from Rs 1 lakh to Rs 9 lakh across its model range
- NewsJaguar XE and XF now available with Ingenium petrol engines
- NewsMotoGP: Valentino Rossi signs with Movistar Yamaha for a further two years
- NewsMercedes Maybach S650 Pullman facelift unveiled