Tata X451 hatchback to go into series production in 2019
Tata Motors is readying new products and the first car, the Tata X451, based on the Advanced Modular Platform (AMP) will be in the market in 2019. AMP is the same platform that Volkswagen found to be too expensive to adopt for the Indian market. This led to Tata-Volkswagen recently breaking their ties that was first inked at the Geneva show earlier this year.
NOTE: The illustrations of the Tata X451 posted here are artist impressions made by OVERDRIVE based on information gathered from our sources. These are a speculated representation of how the X451 may look like and could vary from the actual car
The Tata X451 will have a design language similar to the Nexon. Inspired from the soon-to-be launched Nexon, the Tata X451 will get pared back headlamps with projector beam-lamps and low-set fog lights. An additional panel between these lighting elements is likely to house daytime-running lights or turn blinkers or both. Compared to the Bolt or the Tiago, the Tata X451 hatchback will get a more aggressive face to go with the premium positioning of the car.
The Tata X451 is expected to be more spacious than the Elite i20 and the Baleno and is expected to be priced competitively too
This will be Tata Motors' most upmarket product to date and will have a stick-out display for the infotainment, Indian lattice-work inspired design bits around the centre/tunnel console and rear AC vents. Engine options could be the same 4-cylinder motors from the Tata Nexon. The 1.2-litre turbo petrol and the 1.5-litre turbo diesel though could be in a different state of tune to suit the characteristics of the hatchback. We believe, Tata will tune it to be more driveable than as a outright performance hatchback. It must be noted that by the time the Tata X451 is out, both Hyundai and Maruti will have a new Elite i20 and Baleno in the market. Expect the Tata X451 to be priced very competitively, most likely starting at Rs 5.5 lakh ex-showroom.
Starts Rs 5.85 Lakhs
- NewsHero MotoSports Team Rally's Hero 450 RR to make Indian debut at 2018 Desert Storm
- News2018 TVS Apache RTR 160 4V Image Gallery
- Review2018 TVS Apache RTR 160 4V first ride review
- NewsPirelli opens its first branded retail store in Agra
- NewsSuzuki Intruder Fi launched in India at Rs 1.06 lakh
- NewsTrack n Tell Intelli Play - Infotainment and tracking device
- NewsAudi India announces price hike ranging from Rs 1 lakh to Rs 9 lakh across its model range
- NewsJaguar XE and XF now available with Ingenium petrol engines
- NewsMotoGP: Valentino Rossi signs with Movistar Yamaha for a further two years
- NewsMercedes Maybach S650 Pullman facelift unveiled