Tata Zest gets 75PS XM and XMS diesel variants in India
In a bid to widen the appeal of the slow selling Tata Zest, the company has introduced two new variants with the 75PS diesel engine in India. In 2014, when the Tata Zest was launched, it was available with the 75PS engine in a single trim. A source we spoke to tells us that the Zest was a tad overpriced for a Tata vehicle and buyers preferred the 75PS engine to the 90PS unit as it was priced significantly lower.
The two new variants of the Tata Zest are the XM and XMS. The XE still remains the base 75PS option. Current lineup of the Zest variants include four trims of the petrol (XE, XM, XMS, XT), diesel 90PS (XMA, XT and XTA) and the aforementioned 75PS trims.
Prices of the Tata Zest start from Rs 5.31 lakh and go all the way to Rs 8.88 lakh, ex-Mumbai. Tata is also charging Rs 3,000 extra for a white colour on specific variants.
Starts Rs 5.22 Lakhs
- NewsTata H5X SUV and 45X hatchback launch timelines revealed
- NewsMercedes-AMG G63 6x6 inspires the BAIC BJ80 6x6 in China, showcased at Auto China 2018
- NewsFord to stop selling Fiesta, Fusion, and Taurus sedans in North America
- NewsMahindra-owned Pininfarina and Hybrid Kinetic Group unveil K350 all-electric SUV concept at Auto China 2018
- NewsAuto China 2018: Mercedes-Benz C-Class L shown
- FeaturesImage gallery: Shaken and Stirred May 2018
- NewsFord Freestyle priced lower than the Figo hatch and the Aspire sedan, here's why
- NewsVolvo wants half its sales to come from electric vehicles by 2025
- NewsVW Motorsport India takes its Customer Sport programme to all three INRC categories
- News2018 Mini Countryman to launch in India on May 3