Tata Zest gets four-star rating in Global NCAP crash test
Earlier this year, Global NCAP had conducted a series of crash tests on some of the cars sold in India. Sadly, all of them scored a zero-star rating which is the lowest a car can get. Until now, the Maruti Suzuki Eeco, Maruti Celerio, Renault Kwid and Hyundai Eon have been crash tested by Global NCAP.
The automotive safety watchdog has now subjected the Tata Zest to a series of crash tests. Two versions of the Tata Zest were tested. The standard non-airbag version got a zero-star rating for adult occupant protection and one star for child occupant protection. As a part of its policy, Global NCAP offered Tata the opportunity to test an improved version of the Zest. Following this, Tata Motors incorporated some structural changes to the Zest.
Tata Zest non-airbag version received a zero-star rating
Global NCAP tested this new Zest range with two airbags which scored an impressive four-star rating in the crash tests. It received two-star rating in child occupant protection. This version was equipped with two airbags and two pretensioners along with a seat belt reminder for the driver. The manufacturer had also selected other child restraint systems.
Commenting on the tests results David Ward, Secretary General of Global NCAP said, "Tata has shown how they can dramatically improve the safety of the Zest. It is encouraging to see a major Indian brand improving the safety of their models. We strongly encourage Indian consumers to opt for the much safer four star rated option. We also urge Tata to consider making the two airbag version of the Zest their basic model."
Tata Zest airbag version received a four-star rating
Tata Motors has said that the structural changes will be introduced on the entire Zest range including the airbag and the non-airbag equipped versions.
Starts Rs 5.22 Lakhs
Starts Rs 3.29 Lakhs
Starts Rs 3.25 Lakhs
Starts Rs 2.62 Lakhs
Team OD | 12 Feb 2018
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Yamaha YZF-R15 v3
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Yamaha YZF-R6
- NewsImage gallery: Yamaha MT-09 Tracer and MT-09 Tracer GT
- NewsImage gallery: Mahindra Stinger concept at the Auto Expo 2018
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Honda Civic
- NewsImage gallery: Yamaha MT-10
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Suzuki Burgman Street 125cc maxi scooter image gallery
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Mahindra Rexton G4
- NewsTVS Ntorq 125 - Five things we love and three things we don't
- News2018 TVS Ntorq 125 first ride image gallery