Tata Zest Sportz Edition package launched in India at Rs 20,000
Tata has just launched a new dealer-level accessory package called the Sportz Edition to celebrate the sale of 50,000 Zests in India. The package will offer a body kit with red skirts and ORVMs, body graphics, a blacked-out roof, additional chrome garnishing, door mouldings, bumper protectors, door visors and new seat covers.
This package is available across all the variants of the Tata Zest and will cost you Rs 20,000 over the cost of the car. Although the advertisement suggests that the package includes alloy wheels, a dealer we spoke to said that alloy wheels are standard only on the top-spec variant. Tata initially offered alloy wheels as standard on all the trims.
Tata has achieved this sales number two years after the launch of the Zest. The Zest is available in one petrol and two diesel variants. The petrol option is a 1.2-litre turbocharged Revotron engine that makes 90PS of power and 140Nm of torque. The 1.3-litre Quadrajet turbo-diesel engine meanwhile, is offered in two states of tune 75PS/190Nm and 90PS/200Nm. Right from the start, Tata offered a 5-speed AMT option for the 90PS diesel engine, while all the other motors came with 5-speed manuals.
As much as Tata Motors would like to brag about the 50,000 Zests sold, sales numbers have been dwindling over the months. A dealer, on the condition of anonymity, said that customers are more interested in a conventional option like the Maruti Swift Dzire or a more modern Hyundai Xcent (You can read our full comparison of the Zest against the Ameo, Xcent, Amaze and Figo Aspire here). He also said that the recently launched Tiago was in great demand and that currently, there are no discounts being offered on the car. Meanwhile the Bolt and Zest get heavy discounts to move inventory. Tata is expected to focus on its upcoming cars like the Tiago AMT, Kite5, Hexa and the Nexon compact SUV. The Indian car maker is also concentrating on its all-new Land Rover-based SUVs.
Image Source: www.autosarena.com
Starts Rs 5.22 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.46 Lakhs
- NewsBMW M2 Competition set to debut in India soon
- News2019 Honda HR-V crossover facelift unveiled, to be powered by 1.5-litre i-VTEC
- NewsLiberty Walk transforms the Suzuki Jimmy into a mini G-Class
- NewsBMW X7 flagship SUV shows its off roading capabilty in new teaser
- News2019 Kawasaki Ninja H2 gets more power, Brembo Stylema calipers and a self healing paint
- NewsBajaj Pulsar NS160 with rear disc brakes spotted at dealership
- NewsToyota Rush SUV to launch in Pakistan soon, India launch next?
- NewsHonda Civic facelift unveiled internationally ahead of India launch
- NewsProduct review: 2018 Arai Tour-X4 adv helmet
- Review2018 Ducati Monster 821 road test review