Tata Zica to be launched in India on January 20, 2016
Tata Motors will launch the all-new Zica hatchback in India on January 20, 2016. The Tata Zica will be offered with two 3-cylinder engines to choose from a 1.2- Revotron petrol and a 1.05-litre Revotorq diesel. The petrol motor makes 85PS at 6,000rpm and 114Nm of peak torque from 3,500rpm. The diesel mill produces 70PS at 4,000rpm and 140Nm between 1,800 and 3,000rpm. We drove both variants and found that the petrol Zica was the better of the two.
The exterior is quite eye-catching with its hexagonal design theme. It looks a little larger than it actually is thanks to a few clever design elements like the protruding front end. On the inside, the Zica gets a great Harman touchscreen infotainment system similar to the ones in the Bolt and Zest. This system can create a network using a cellphone hotspot to let all the passengers in the car connect to the system and play their playlists at the same time. It also displays turn-by-turn navigation commands on its screen based on input from the phone's map-service provider. The interior space is quite good for a four-seater thanks to the 2,400mm long wheelbase, while it has boot capacity of 242 litres.
Also from OVERDRIVE on the Tata Zica:
- NewsMaserati Ghibli Ribelle is an all-black limited edition offering for the EMEA markets
- News2018 Royal Enfield Continental GT 650 twin and Interceptor 650 twin prices out!
- NewsIsuzu D-Max V-Cross facelift spotted testing in India
- NewsTriumph India to launch six new motorcycles by June 2019
- NewsSkoda Kodiaq RS interiors revealed ahead of Paris Motor Show debut
- NewsLive Updates: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 global launch
- NewsTriumph India to launch Scrambler 1200 in January 2019, 5 other launches by June
- News2018 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650: The four things you wanted to know
- NewsBetter recognition needed in order for Indian motorsport to grow says Gautam Singhania
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Aston Martin Vantage launched in India