Tata Zica to be rebranded Tiago, Adore or Civet, depending on poll result
Tata Motors' brand new hatchback, the Zica, has been in news before its official launch in India. Unfortunately, the upcoming car's name has the same phonetic as the zika virus that has already claimed many victims around the world. Earlier this month at the 2016 Auto Expo, Tata Motors announced the decision to rebrand the Zica.
The Indian automobile manufacturer is running a name hunt contest on its social platforms and has chosen Tiago, Adore and Civet as possible new names for the car. The contest has already received 4.8 crore engagements and 12 thousand video views with more than 37 thousand entries.
As confirmed by Tata Motors, the new name for the Tata Zica will be announced on February 22, 2016. The Tata Zica will be offered in both diesel and petrol engines. The three-cylinder petrol makes 85PS and 114Nm while the diesel engine churns out 70PS and 140Nm. We expect the prices of the new Tata hatchback to range in between Rs 4 lakh to Rs 5.5 lakh. Which name will you choose for Tata's latest offering? We are running a poll and you may vote there
More from OVERDRIVE on the Tata Zica
Starts Rs 4.6 Lakhs
Starts Rs 4.98 Lakhs
Starts Rs 4.31 Lakhs
- FeaturesBuying a used big bike in india: 10 things that you should look for
- NewsFive car features that actually work
- FeaturesAll you need to know about motor insurance
- NewsCoronavirus impact: Toyota announces customer connect program
- NewsCoronavirus impact: Ford to manufacture 50,000 ventilators in 100 days
- Digitek Launches its Battery for Sony, the F-960/F-970 MU
- Digitek Introduces the DUC-008 Battery Charger
- Digitek Unveils its latest Softbox, the DSBH-055