Tata's new compact sedan will be called Tigor
Tata Motors has named the Tiago-based compact sedan as Tigor. Codenamed Kite5, the car was showcased at the Auto Expo 2016 and is expected to be launched in India in the first half of 2017. Based on the IMPACT design language, the Tigor will be the third car in Tata's lineup designed with the new theme.
Tata has been testing the Kite5 aka Tigor for quite some time. In fact, it has been spotted testing as early as 2014. The car will be positioned above the Tiago hatchback but below the Zest. It will have the same petrol and diesel engines from the Tiago, however, in an expected higher state of tune. These engines will also be tuned more for driveability, something which will also be passed onto the hatchback. The transmission options will be the 5-speed manual and AMT. Tata though will introduce the AMT first in the Tiago hatchback.
Expect the Tata Tigor sedan to be priced around Rs 30,000 more than its hatchback derivative. It will compete with the other sub-compact hatchback-based sedans like the Hyundai Xcent, Maruti Swift Dzire, Honda Amaze as well as the VW Ameo. The Zest will most likely be discontinued or either be relegated to the taxi segment.
Starts Rs 5.42 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.88 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.73 Lakhs
- NewsPorsche Macan S officially teased on the social network - India launch expected soon
- NewsArjun Maini to make two-race Formula 2 comeback with Campos Racing
- NewsUpcoming 2020 Land Rover Defender SUV revealed in profile in spy shots
- News5 things to expect from the upcoming BSVI Royal Enfield Classic
- NewsTata Altroz hatchback teased ahead of its official India launch