Tata's new compact sedan will be called Tigor
Tata Motors has named the Tiago-based compact sedan as Tigor. Codenamed Kite5, the car was showcased at the Auto Expo 2016 and is expected to be launched in India in the first half of 2017. Based on the IMPACT design language, the Tigor will be the third car in Tata's lineup designed with the new theme.
Tata has been testing the Kite5 aka Tigor for quite some time. In fact, it has been spotted testing as early as 2014. The car will be positioned above the Tiago hatchback but below the Zest. It will have the same petrol and diesel engines from the Tiago, however, in an expected higher state of tune. These engines will also be tuned more for driveability, something which will also be passed onto the hatchback. The transmission options will be the 5-speed manual and AMT. Tata though will introduce the AMT first in the Tiago hatchback.
Expect the Tata Tigor sedan to be priced around Rs 30,000 more than its hatchback derivative. It will compete with the other sub-compact hatchback-based sedans like the Hyundai Xcent, Maruti Swift Dzire, Honda Amaze as well as the VW Ameo. The Zest will most likely be discontinued or either be relegated to the taxi segment.
Starts Rs 4.84 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.6 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.46 Lakhs
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Sourav Bandyopadhyay wins opening race of Round 2 at MMRT
- NewsSpec comparison: BMW G 310 GS vs Royal Enfield Himalayan FI vs Kawasaki Versys-X 300
- News2019 Kawasaki Ninja 300 ABS launched in India at Rs 2.98 lakh
- NewsBMW G 310 R: Three things you'll like and two you won't
- NewsBMW G 310 GS: Three things you'll like and two you won't
- ReviewBMW G 310 GS first ride review
- ReviewBMW G 310 R first ride review
- NewsBMW G 310 R and G 310 GS official accessories from BMW Motorrad India
- News2018 Honda Navi gets two new colours, priced at Rs. 44,775
- NewsBMW G 310 R and G 310 GS service costs and warranty