Team IndiMotard finishes 2017 SCORE Baja 1000!
Team IndiMotard has made it to the finish line of the 50th SCORE Baja 1000! The first ever Indian team to compete in the event, managed to end the gruelling race, with all riders in good health. The team, comprising Anand Dharmaraj, Gurpinder "Nick" Sarao, Aditya Devabhaktuni, Ilyas Bham, Bhaskar Ramani and Gurinder Singh battled on over the course of the event, tackling the endless amounts of sand and silt until they crossed the finish line.
While the physical finish of the event was today, the timings and placements will be declared tomorrow.
Team IndiMotard/231x after finishing the 2017 Baja 1000
After the event, IndiMotard's Anand Dharmaraj told us just how gruelling it all was. "It's nothing like what we imagined it to be. It's brutal and relentless," he said. Fortunately, the team didn't face major roadblocks on their way to the finish line. There were a couple of glitches here and there (like the warning system that tells them when the 900bhp Trophy Trucks are approaching ceased to function), and there was the hassle of having to coordinate logistics. Where the next rider change would happen, and when the team needed to be there. Dharmaraj says that 60 per cent of it had been planned in advance, and the rest was figured out along the way.
Perhaps it's interesting to note that this team of riders, didn't take the usual route of doing the 250, and 500, before building up to and attempting the Baja 1000. In that sense, Dharmaraj laughs, saying, "Ignorance is bliss." For now the entire team has earned a little bit of a breather. After all, they've finished one of the most dangerous off-road races in the world!
More details when we have them.
- NewsMG Motor India's first launch: Everything we know
- NewsVolkswagen Passat with Connect app launched at Rs 25.99 lakh
- News2019 Hyundai Santro spotted in top-spec Asta trim
- NewsHero Destini 125cc scooter to launch on October 22
- NewsChinese carmaker Great Wall Motors to enter India by 2021-22
- NewsImage gallery: New BMW X7 SUV
- NewsSkoda Kodiaq GT coupe-SUV unveiled for China
- News2019 BMW X7 SUV unveiled internationally
- FeaturesReady to race
- NewsMahindra becomes first Indian carmaker to drive to Everest base camp