Team IndiMotard finishes 2017 SCORE Baja 1000!
Team IndiMotard has made it to the finish line of the 50th SCORE Baja 1000! The first ever Indian team to compete in the event, managed to end the gruelling race, with all riders in good health. The team, comprising Anand Dharmaraj, Gurpinder "Nick" Sarao, Aditya Devabhaktuni, Ilyas Bham, Bhaskar Ramani and Gurinder Singh battled on over the course of the event, tackling the endless amounts of sand and silt until they crossed the finish line.
While the physical finish of the event was today, the timings and placements will be declared tomorrow.
Team IndiMotard/231x after finishing the 2017 Baja 1000
After the event, IndiMotard's Anand Dharmaraj told us just how gruelling it all was. "It's nothing like what we imagined it to be. It's brutal and relentless," he said. Fortunately, the team didn't face major roadblocks on their way to the finish line. There were a couple of glitches here and there (like the warning system that tells them when the 900bhp Trophy Trucks are approaching ceased to function), and there was the hassle of having to coordinate logistics. Where the next rider change would happen, and when the team needed to be there. Dharmaraj says that 60 per cent of it had been planned in advance, and the rest was figured out along the way.
Perhaps it's interesting to note that this team of riders, didn't take the usual route of doing the 250, and 500, before building up to and attempting the Baja 1000. In that sense, Dharmaraj laughs, saying, "Ignorance is bliss." For now the entire team has earned a little bit of a breather. After all, they've finished one of the most dangerous off-road races in the world!
More details when we have them.
- NewsBMW Motorrad India now offers 3 years, unlimited kilometres warranty as standard on all its motorcycles
- NewsMercedes-Benz launches a new mobile service initiative for Tier - 2 and Tier - 3 called 'Service on Wheels'
- NewsSuzuki Burgman Street 125cc maxi scooter to be launched in India tomorrow
- News10,000th Isuzu vehicle rolled out of its plant in SriCity
- News2018 Kawasaki Z900RS launched in a black paint option in India
- News2018 FIM Trial-E Cup: Yamaha's Kenichi Kuroyama rides TY-E electric trials bike to win in first two rounds
- NewsTriumph Street Triple RS gets two new colour options in India
- NewsFord crosses one million customer milestone in India
- NewsPrice check: BMW G 310 R vs BMW G 310 GS vs KTM 390 Duke vs KTM RC 390 vs TVS Apache RR 310 vs Kawasaki Ninja 300
- NewsOfficial: BMW Motorrad India launches G 310 R and G 310 GS motorcycles at Rs 2.99 and Rs 3.49 lakh!